cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ipv4 not working

Deej10
I plan to stick around

Hey guys sat night I was playing on my ps4 and my internet cut out. so I went and restarted the modem and still no Internet. I then turned on my pc which is on windows 10 and checked my internet and it says ipv4 not working but ipv6 is I called rogers and no help. They said they would get a technistion to come out and it's going to take longer then I would like because I work from home. my youtube and Google works but that's it, on my cell phone and my home pc that's pluged in direct from modem to pc.. I looked on YouTube at some videos looking for a fix but nothing works... any help would be awesome thank you guys

*Edited Labels*

53 REPLIES 53

Re: Ipv4 not working

I had the problem of no IPV4 connectivity for 6 hours today.  Tried resetting everything but nothing worked.  Finally called in to tech support.  The tech fixed the issue instantaneously by Disabling and then Enabling Port Forwarding on the modem ( model CGNM-3552).  Apparently it is a known issue and this is a workaround for it.

I am on software version 4.5.8.21 and will get a new version 4.5.8.35 pushed to me within 48 hours which should deal with the issue.

So if anyone else has this problem try Disabling and then Enabling Port Forwarding .  Good luck!

RandomZero
I plan to stick around
Same issue as of 1am. My modem is bridged though and it not only takes forever for it to sync up properly but it refuses to assign any of my devices an ipv4 address. I can't even access the modem unless I set a static ip in the same subnet (192.168.100.1) but even then I can't route.

Called Rogers and they've been entirely useless on the matter cause they insisted everything works since they're able to ping the modem from their end.

Hello @RandomZero!

It's definitely strange that your router isn't assigning your devices an IPv4 address but we'll have to eliminate your router as a possible cause here before we can proceed. I know how frustrating it can be to troubleshoot these types of issues.

Please take your modem out of bridge mode and then connect directly to it. If it assigns an IPv4 address without issue, then you can focus on troubleshooting your router instead.

If however the issue persists with a direct connect, please let us know by PMing us @CommunityHelps! You can find instructions on how to PM us here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

RandomZero
I plan to stick around
I already removed my router and connect directly to the modem with both a laptop and a desktop and ipv4 still refused to work until 8am on its own. Your techs claim the issue is resolved but I've been having speed/sync issues since mid January and no one has yet to figure out the problem because it's intermittent and generally only happens after 9pm.

Hello @RandomZero,

While I'm glad to hear your IPv4 issue seems to be resolved, I can understand how frustrating slow speeds can be.  Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this.

Have you tried reaching out for support while the issue is happening?  If you'd like us to take a closer look and run some diagnostics, please send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps. For more information on our Private Message system, see this page

RogersShaun

Internet not loading sites except Google, Facebook and YouTube.

Messaged Rogers over 5+ times and every single agent has been pretty much useless. Technician came and replaced my modem, worked for a couple hours then stopped. I have a similar issue with this thread over here.
https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Ipv4-not-working/td-p/375080

Ipv4 is not being detected.

Anyone know a fix?
Modem is set to dual, not ipv4/ipv6.

Good afternoon @WAQAS9!

Welcome to our Community!

While you're waiting to see if one of our intrepid Community members has an alternative solution, please PM us @CommunityHelps so we can take a closer look for you.

If you've already dealt with us, then we should have a history of the issue so I won't have to repeat any troubleshooting unnecessarily. 

If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

super_robot
I plan to stick around

What's going on Rogers? 

IPV4 doesn't work but IPV6 does.

Doing tests using the modem diagnostic tools confirms the above. 

It's not just me either.. my friend has the same issue. What's up Rogers?

@super_robot  Which modem do you have?  Sounds like the same issue as the one reported in this thread.

Re: IpvCGN3ACSMR 4 not working

super_robot
I plan to stick around

CGN3ACSMR

My friend had the same issue for the same amount of time and now it's fine for the both of us.

Called Rogers and went nowhere as per usual.

The issue is gone now until next time..

@super_robot  That's weird.  Seems VERY unlikely that IPv4 on your CGN3ACSMR would break.  More likely an "area issue" where your gateway was unable to renew an IPv4 DHCP lease, for whatever reason, and lost IPv4 connectivity... or the local node/CMTS router "forgot" that your IPv4 address had been assigned to you and stopped routing it to your gateway.

super_robot
I plan to stick around

@-G- 

Yup, that's definitely what I think it is; some sort of area/network issue.

Oh well.. until next time..lol

Topic Stats