Ipv4 not working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Ipv4 not working

I guess someone canceled there Appointment from rogers just had a teach guy show up still have asleep said he thinks it's my line running from outside to inside showed me a cable looks like some Animal was eating it if this guy can't fix it I'll msg you with the mac address
Highlighted
Retired Support
Retired Support

Thanks Deej10.

I just found found your modem MAC from the trace you provided to @Datalink yesterday. Performing initial troubleshooting was showing your modem completely offline. If there is a tech working on your line, that explains this part.

Keep me posted.

Dave

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

A cable issue won't affect the IPV4 issue.  If the cable issue was bad enough it would affect anything that is internet connected, but, your IPV6 works.  If you can forward the MAC address  to @RogersDave that would make this easier to check.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Ya still didn't fix it
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Time to let @RogersDave work his magic, but, you ended up with a new external cable right?  So, its not a complete loss 🙂

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Lol that's true he's in the phone with someone now
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Trying a new modem
Highlighted
Retired Support
Retired Support

I think I see the problem but yes it will take some magic....

I'll get back to you later today on this one. Need to call a few favors 🙂

Dave

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Run a speedtest at http://speedtest.xfinity.com/

That will run both IPV4 and IPV6 speedtests.  See if you can get there via IPV6.  If so, and it runs, but doesn't run the IPV4 test, that basically proves the issue is beyond the modem, which will take Dave and the engineering staff to resolve. 

Swapping out the modem and seeing the same result, ie:  IPV4 doesn't work will reinforce that statement.  You will need to forward the new modem MAC address as well if you are going to keep that in place so that Dave can track down the modem. 

Edit;  For the speedtest, try the Detroit and/or Chicago servers.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Everything is working now