Internet usage tracker down for a week now, does this mean free bandwidth while it is not working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Internet usage tracker down for a week now, does this mean free bandwidth while it is not working

Rogers is suppose to provide internet usage within a reasonable delay.

Usually Rogers updates total internet usage every day.

It has been a week now that I have not seen an update (latest update shown = 19 November).

Does this mean that while the tracker does not work the bandwidth I use does not count towards the monthly total?

If not, how do I know how much bandwidth I have left?

Usage tracking is a very simple process, most other companies offer real time tracking.

Why does it take Rogers one week to provide an update?

***edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Internet usage tracker down for a week now, does this mean free bandwidth while it is not workin

My usage tracker has been working just fine. Have you called Rogers?
I've Been Around

Re: Internet usage tracker down for a week now, does this mean free bandwidth while it is not workin

I had this happen once for over half a month, having the highest plan and still using more bandwidth due to me and my brother being high users (720 streams, steam games etc) I was quite afraid of eating another over usage charge. I called in and informed them of the issue. They told me that they would not count any usage against me since the start of the issue until they resolved it, however that may have been a global issue and not one account so you may fair differently.

For what its worth, I also could not view my internet usage the last few days but I've had enough issues with this company for five lifetimes and won't have to worry about it again with the new year.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have no Internet usage tracking on my rogers hub account... and was just told this is a complimentary service... and told to get my own tracking software for each computer... is this true???

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@pw1 wrote:

I have no Internet usage tracking on my rogers hub account... and was just told this is a complimentary service... and told to get my own tracking software for each computer... is this true???

What browser are you using? I have seen it sometimes play funny with other browsers. My usage is there and displaying correctly, I am using IE9.
I log into MyRogers.. go down to the internet section.. and beside it, shows the little bar, then a link to go into detailed usage.

That its a 'complementary' service.. that its not a guaranteed itemized thing on the list of what we pay for, etc? Yes, technicaly.  They dont HAVE to provide it.

Having your own tracking software on a computer, would guarantee that you could track your own usage and monitor it yourself, and any times its not working on rogers end, yours would still, etc.   Though these types of tools will only monitor throughput from the PCs, not stuff from netflix, xbox, etc.

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm having the same problem too, actually - with their "MyRogers" app on the iPhone. Always says "unable to authenticate" or some nonsense. It's been down since I GOT the phone, in July. What is up with that ?!
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

are you trying to access the myrogers app while on wifi?

that is the message i get, while on wifi.  You cant use that app while on wifi.. as it needs to identify you on the rogers network.  turn wifi off temporarily, and it should go through fine.

I've Been Around

In the past two months I have not yet been able to see how many text messages my husband or I have sent on our phones.  The app has updates every single day and yet we can never see where we are during the month.

We have no problem seeing our calls and data usage but the text messaging is driving us nuts. 

I was just told on the phone I should delete the app and download again - why would that be a solution when there's an update every single day?

No wonder people are fed up with this app - lots of complaints about it.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Koalat,

They were talking about the WEB based tracker in this thread.

But, there are others that have off and on issues with the phone app.

There is a reason that they say to try deleting it.  The app, when you connect, yes it updates, but IF there is some form of corrupt data, even with updating (or trying to) the corrupt data could be preventing it.

Deleting the app, wipes all local data, and would require everyting to fully download 100% fresh, both app and usage data wise.

Also as well, if need be, you can look on the web tracker under your myrogers to check your usage there as well.

I've Been Around

I'm trying to figure out why I got a message saying I have gone over the usage.

I check my account and it says nothing in regards to being charged for 16gb over but it shows a bar chart saying you are 16gb over.

Internet tracking of course does not work.

Regular charges
Nov 09 - Dec 08 Usage Charge(0GB@$0.00/GB) $0.00
Jan 09 - Feb 08 60GB Express $56.49
Hi-Speed Cable Modem $4.00

FOUND ANSWER:

When will I be billed for additional usage?
Depending on your bill date, you’ll be billed for additional usage either one or two months after you use it.
If your Rogers services appear on more than one invoice, you’ll be billed for additional usage one month after you use it.