Internet usage notification opt-in/out not working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Internet usage notification opt-in/out not working

In my situation, I did receive a couple of emails from Rogers regarding surpassing my 75% and 100% limits.

Perhaps Rogers will be kind enough to follow up with you via PM as they did for me. Your situation may be unique.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hit 75% usage but no notification occurred - no email, no browser popup (previously worked).

Also, no notification noted in my account's notification history.

There are constant attempts from this address - 64.71.255.194 - to run a script in my browsers. From previous discussions, this appears to be the content injection script to show the browser notification. However, it didn't work & just hangs my browsers or requires a manual refresh/reload of the screen (still not notification but the page I was trying for might load).

Previous discussions suggested this would stop once my cycle ticked over. It hasn't.

I cannot access any of the sites listed to opt-out of these notifications - site doesn't load, times out, etc.

If I block the script from running via a browser script blocker, browsing the internet is still pointless as every site requires a manual refresh/reload EVERY time.

Any ideas from anyone on how to get this to stop?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

After a week and multiple calls I finally have a case ID but this seems to be an ongoing issue.

I got to 75% and have not been able to get a NOTIFICATION of that to display in any browser on any device in my house and its totally jamming up my usage as I have to refresh a URL 2-5 times to get through.

This CODE....

<html>
<head>
<noscript><meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;URL=http://64.71.255.194/cgi-bin/noscript.pl?policy=350&category=ByteCap-075"></noscript>
<title></title>
<script type="text/javascript">
var version=2; var webServer="http://64.71.255.194";
</script>
<script src="http://64.71.255.194/dyn/bg/ByteCap/index.js" type="text/javascript">
Reload the page to get source for: http://64.71.255.194/dyn/bg/ByteCap/index.js
</script>
</head>
</html>

is getting inserting into the data stream in most cases but never arrives correctly and i cannot connect to 64.71.255.194 ping, traceroute - NOTHING

The notifcation system is GARBAGE and has baiscally hijacked my entire internet route on the HTTP side.

What can I do to fix this - Can I simply request that those notifications get turned off PERMANENTLY? as yes this might go away when my month rolls over - but just might come back again when the limit reaches 75% again....

FIX THIS ISSUE

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

same here - its been a nightmare - any suggestions?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

The Notification Type use to say  75% of Limit. I changed the notification email on Nov 19 by opting out then opting back in with a new email. I got the correct 75% POP UP Notification on Nov 19th and acknowledged it as well as the POP UP yesterday. 

The notification type on the Notification History seems to have been corrupted since I opted out.  

How to fix? 

Date Notified
Notification Type
Date Acknowledged
December 17, 2016???BE1???December 17, 2016 06:15 AM
November 19, 2016???BE1???November 19, 2016 02:13 AM
November 19, 2016Opt-in of ???BE1??? 
November 19, 2016Opt-out of ???BE1??? 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I checked my opt-in AT LEAST THREE TIMES in September and always received acknowledgment that I'm opted in to receive notification that my usage has reached 75%. I just checked again and got a message that Rogers is UNABLE TO DETERMINE MY LOCATION! And then a link back to the "keeppace" section. Then I click the links and go thru the entire thing again -- UNABLE TO DETERMINE MY LOCATION! Now what? BTW, I am the ONLY user. No one else uses this internet account.

Highlighted

Hello, @WORDz

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I know how important it is to get the usage notifications for your Internet so you don't end up with overages on your bill.

How do you usually view your usage? Are you using the MyRogers app or the Rogers.com website? I am not familiar with that specific error message. Are you able to provide us with a screenshot of the error you are getting?

Please be sure to redact any personal information such as your Rogers account number or any phone numbers/email addresses before posting the screenshot.

We look forward to hearing from you!

RogersTony

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello, thanks for getting back to me. I receive the Alerts via my browser (do not have a cell phone). Plus after speaking with several Rogers CSRs, I understand that I was also supposed to receive usage alerts via email and telephone, none of which happened. I have screen shots of my error message I received when I clicked on the opt-in link, as well as the error message I received when I went to check my usage on my MyRogers account. The latter has since been fixed. However, I cannot see any way to post these screen shots in this forum.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@WORDz wrote:   I cannot see any way to post these screen shots in this forum.

When you are logged in and making a post/reply, there should be a camera icon near the top of where you type. Click that icon and upload your screenshots. It may take a few minutes for the screenshots to be approved (seen in your post) because they are reviewed by the moderators first.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I saved my screenshot as a doc and then as a PDF, but this system will only take image files. I also tried to post the URL and got a message, "Please post a complete URL" when in fact I did. Here is a cut & paste of the error message I receive when I try to opt-in 75%:

Opt-In Acknowledgement
Your location cannot be determined. Please make sure you are using your Rogers high-speed Internet connection.To track your usage and learn more, visit rogers.com/keepingpace