Internet usage notification opt-in/out not working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Internet usage notification opt-in/out not working

For two months now, the "you have reached 75% of your usage" IFRAME has failed to load in my browser (any browser, in fact). I could see the code for it in source mode, so I tried visiting the http://64.71.255.194/cgi-bin/noscript.pl?policy=350&category=ByteCap-075 link directly, but that failed as well.

I contacted Rogers support, and was told to visit www.rogers.com/keepingpace to enable or disable the notifications.

The "keeping pace" page above has redirected links to  

http://isns.rogers.com/bg/isnsoptin75.html

and

http://isns.rogers.com/bg/isnsoptin100.html

Both those links are dead.

Why is support recommending the "keepingpace" tools when they don't actually work? Why not just include a checkbox option in the MyRogers account area?

Support doesn't understand this issue, and I'm not about to invite a technician to my home just so that they can say, "Yup, you're right. Those links don't work."

Gord

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Internet usage notification opt-in/out not working

On mobile so cant easily track the link.

But there is another 1-2 users on here who reported the same thing...
it seems to be an issue connecting to the notification server..

A rep responded.. apparently has passed it on internally... havent heard anything after that Smiley Sad

Retired Moderator RogersAliciaG
Retired Moderator

@gordola

Welcome to the community!

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Smiley Happy

The notifications is a excellent way to keep track of your internet usage in addition to  the usage tool on your MyRogers online profile.

Just a quick question, are you trying to access the links from your Home Internet?

The Opt-In links will only work when you are connected to your Home Internet Modem. 

I hope this helps. Smiley Wink

RogersAliciaG

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, I'm using the home internet modem to connect.

Thanks,

Gord

Community Manager
Community Manager

And are you logged into your MyRogers profile too?

RogersDarrell

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, I'm logged in. Thanks.

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

hey @gordola

Throwing in my two cents here...

I attempted to test my 3 browsers.
Firefox, Chrome (primary), IExplorer.
All came up with redirection to support page for the link www.rogers.com/keepingpace
however, the link in that support page works on all three browsers to opt in 75 / 100

since this is effecting you and not me, I am going to assume it's user / network specific.

Could be account issue, modem issue, but my guess (and it's only a guess) it is routing issue... so I would start with network. Are you able to use your non-primary browser and reset all its settings (full browser reset) and see if it works? is there any porting or proxy settings set on your modem/router? do you have your own router or are you using Modem/Router Rogers provided you?
Does full-factory-reset help?

Not getting notification is not helpful, I know the alternative I can suggest is logging into myRogers account and checking your usage there, but that's a workaround, I in no way mean that as a resolution.
I Plan to Stick Around

I reset the modem to factory settings, and still have no access to those opt-in/out links. I also used Chrome and Firefox browsers on Fedora and Ubuntu systems. None of my Windows browser - Firefox, Chrome, IE, Opera, and Safari - can access these links either.

On the subject of routing, since a recent change in my IP address (couple of months ago) I noticed that location sensing is identifying my IP as being based in Guelph, when I'm in fact in Kanata. Just throwing this out to Rogers technical support as potentially useful information.

Presumably, Rogers has access to the data that is input from those links. Can my account profile not be updated at your end?

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi gordola,

There's a lengthy discussion of this in the  Intermittent Disconnections topic. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be any resolution. Although it did go away for me when my new billing cycle started and then just came back when I hit 75% this month.

-Jason

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Actually, since @jjasonf mentioned it.
Did you recently change your plan @gordola ...?
Don't think that would have anything to do with it... but curious to know...