Internet speeds

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Internet speeds

just curious as to what other peeps with 250/20  internet package have to what their accuall dl/ul is compared to what speedtest.net  tells  you :-)

my accuall is a lot diffrent on what i really get   30m  down max on a good day and 3m up....

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

That seems very nice.
On Wifi I get 130-ish mbps down and 12-14 mbps up.
On Wired I get usually 255 - 270 mbps down and 18-24 mbps up .

Thats a good day. But my Phone never hit about 115mbps down (I assume network chip limitation).

I'll edit this post once I get home and run Speed Test. Smiley Very Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

you did read the part about what i accually get compared to what speedtest says i get :-)

"my accuall is a lot diffrent on what i really get   30m  down max on a good day and 3m up...."  and also  3m has been confirmed by rogers techs as being my average download rate based on what i accually dl over a 24hr period... test that they did so what i am wondering is  we pay for 250 but only get 3m  hmm seems a wee tad off from what speedtest tells us that we are getting/capable of.

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Oh. I actually was saying what I actually get.

How are you getting it so low? O_o
Wired or Wireless?

I wonder if it has to do with your cable lines. I use to get 40mbps... and tech had to come in and change my lines from ouside...

could it possibly cable noise?

I Plan to Stick Around

dang srry i missunderstood :-(   part of the reason why i am asking this is that i have an ongoing tech issue with maintence and The Office of The Presedent...about this this all started back in jan 2015 and still going strong on my part to try and get this all fixed...30+ home visits  4 Ropgers Senior Techs,  8 maintence teams...if you would like to see the ongoing thread for the tech issue go here  http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/2428...

makes some good reading i think and i have had a lot of good ideas and responces from the forum techi peeps

I Plan to Stick Around

srry forgot to mention i am wired direct to the rogers modem from my pc

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah.. Hiho has some pretty interesting singal levels, so say the least Smiley Tongue

I am only on the 100u plan..  but these are my results.
Wired
Wireless (N, 2.4ghz)

I have been able to sustain on a torrent, on my wired machine.. of about 12 megaBYTES per second.
Which equates to 95ish megaBITS... so pretty darn close to the alloted speed.
(and how often you can actualy GET that high of a sustained download at that speed if probably very rare)

I Plan to Stick Around

Srry havent posted in the last week basically cause nothing is happing :-(  i am still being ignored by OFP when i ask questions and for an update as to what is happing if anything...did get a phone message the other day and supposedly this wednesday my problem is going to be fixed cause apprently it has gone to a higher level then maintence?  we shall see i am still not getting any responce to if they cant fix it then when will my monthly charges be reduced since rogers cant supply me whith what i pay for, and still no responce about what is the next level i can go to to get help with this since the OFP totally useless...

if i hear anyghing on wednesday ill post and keep peeps updated so that if someone has the same issues i am having maybe the this post on whats been happing will help them..

I Plan to Stick Around

Thursday 7:55pm got a phone message from the OFP and they close at 8:00pm :-)  Now the newest thing is that matenice or whoever has gotten back to OFP and have told them that the problem which i new about way back in september of 2014 is that there are to many modems on my node [ 21] no explation as to what they intend to do about it but dang guess after 5months i should be greatful that they are back to something they told me in the begging but nothing has or can be done about it ;-)

i doubt very much i will be able to get any updates today with it being frinday and all that so Dont touch that dial, Stay tunned for the next update..

Remeber peeps anyone following this if they have simalar probs or know someone else  DONT GIVE UP evently something will get done.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Well thats at least SOME sort of answer...

As for what could be done... they really then need to SPLIT the node.. add more capacity, or add another.
Thats a faily big thing... and also not taken lightly, as it will likely  have to temp take dont many peoples service to swtich it over.

This can be a big thing, especially in major populated areas.. so many people.. and they all want service.

And its not only rogers too.. as you have to look at all your 3rd party TPIA companies like Teksavvy, Start, etc.. any that use the rogers network, will be taking up space on there too