Internet plan names changed and not sure what mine is now

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Internet plan names changed and not sure what mine is now

Okay so when I check my bill I see that my internet plan is High Speed Extreme Unlimited.  I wanted to check what my upload and download speeds are supposed to be.  But the names have all changed and are now called things like Rogers Ignite 100u or 250u. 

Not sure what my speeds are supposed to be now so wondering what my old plan name is with a new name?

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Retired Moderator RogersArthur
Retired Moderator

Re: Internet plan names changed and not sure what mine is now

Hi 

Thank you for your post, I understand your Internet plan is the High Speed Extreme Unlimited. Just to clarify for you, your current plan has not changed in name, speed or services. It has been discontinued / no longer available, all new customers are now offered our new Ignite packages here. Your High Speed Extreme Unlimited is not equal or equivalent to any of the Ignite packages. If you'd like to look into upgrading your current plan to one of our Ignite plans, please send a private message to @CommunityHelps. Check your messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Or speak to a live person: 1 855 381-7834

Mon-Fri: 8 am to Midnight EST

Sat-Sun: 8 am to 11 pm EST

Hope this helps
RogersArthur

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The old plans, can be grandfathered a fair bit forward (there may be a time they are cut off.. but at this time, you can still have a D2 modem & plan Smiley Tongue.. so may be a bit)

As for what your plan is..
http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Getting_connected/thread-id/1548...

This is an old post of mine, but has the older plans listed.

So it looks like you are on 35down/3up.

Your speed for that plan, will not change, etc... UNLESS you changed to a different plan.

So currently, you would be paying 69.99 + your modem rental (so around $78? depending on your modem? - not including any bundle discounts,etc you may have) + your unlimited.

The NEW plans you would be looking at the 60/10... at around the same price, $77.  BUT, it only has 200g usage.

Going up to around $87, you get the 100/10, with unlimited.

I'm an Advisor

Hello @rye_encoke,

Everything @Gdkitty said is spot on.  Also, look at: https://www.rogers.com/consumer/internet

Check out Rogers Ignite 100U - do you qualify for a Rogers bundle discount? Try calling in as per @RogersArthur and ask -- if you are willing to agree to a term, you can score some additional savings and get faster speeds. 

Let it us know how this goes and what you decide!