Anna.png

Below is Agents Reply 

Twitter.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Internet issues - Anna reply

Mayoo
I plan to stick around

Two rogers tech came to my property. first one came and swapped the modem and not seeing the issue yet ( 6hours ) . Second one is the maintenance tech and came and checked the green box in my property and said issue resolved. fingers crossed ! 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Mayoo
I plan to stick around

This is my modem every few hours. 

https://twitter.com/Mayooran_n/status/1526925566821146625

Mayoo
I plan to stick around

This still happens and no resolution ! Does anyone having this issue ? 

modem light will go from solid white to to red, blinking red, amber, blinking amber and then blinking green to green. 

After few hours, above issue will repeat. its very annoying. i had few cases opened with rogers but no luck 

Mayoo
I plan to stick around

Everyday around 9AM, 9.10AM, 10.20AM, 10.30AM, 12PM 12.20PM, 2PM, 2.20PM, all the way to 11PM, i see the below issue in my rogers XB6 Modem 

The lights in the XB6 Modem will go from Solid white to blinking red, blinking amber, amber, blinking white to solid white. during the process, outage will be 2-5min

I have a video of this to share but dont know what is the proper way to share the video in this forum ? 

Anyone help with this issue ? 

RussellA
I plan to stick around

In my personal experiences, I would confirm that your power cord is inserted fully into the back of the XB6 modem.  It likely is ok, so I would check to see if the outlet the modem is plugged into isn't having problems.  I have an outlet in my house that I can wiggle, and devices will reboot due to loose connections (I don't use it anymore).  Even extension cords can get loose outlets, from repeated use, so check that too.  Try another one.

Another area to check is low voltage on that circuit powering the modem.  If there are any larger items on the same circuit (think of power outlets like daisy-chained lights on a wiring string), it can cause voltage to drop below the minimum operating voltage and "reboot" the device.  Summer can see more of these issues, as people use portable air conditioners and they pull a lot of power (some of my lights will dim when it cycles on).

If those three conditions aren't the cause, I would call-in to get the modem swapped as the lights (by searching Google) seems to indicate that the modem is power-cycling regularly.  From my experience, the modem rarely power-cycles unless there is a problem with the cord or outlet.  The timing seems about right for a reboot wait, when you reset (reboot) the modem in troubleshooting.

Mayoo
I plan to stick around
Thanks lot and I willl try a different outlet

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Those light paterns are fairly normal when it goes through its process of connecting to the rogers network, say after a reboot of the modem.

So, outside of the mentioned power type problem where its actually rebooting.. 
(its not like locked in a cabinet or something, where it might be overheating?)

I would think, that its more of a issue in your house or area..
That the signal is dropping causing it to re connect.. OR something like the CMTS or similar rogers network equipment, is causing it to re register.

I would call in and try and escalate it.. have them look at the LOGS on the modem.. it might show what its doing (like if its failing to reach the CMTS or something) might lead them in the right direction

Mayoo
I plan to stick around

Thanks but the logs in the modem is not showing anything .. example below 

[Harvester][3889]: Harvester StartRadioTrafficHarvesting Starting Thread to start RadioTraffic Data Harvesting2022/7/29 20:51:13Notice
[Harvester][3889]: Harvester StartAssociatedDeviceHarvesting : Started Thread to start DeviceData Harvesting2022/7/29 20:51:13Notice
[Harvester][3878]: Harvester StartRadioTrafficHarvesting Starting Thread to start RadioTraffic Data Harvesting2022/7/28 09:24:03Notice
[Harvester][3878]: Harvester StartAssociatedDeviceHarvesting : Started Thread to start DeviceData Harvesting2022/7/28 09:24:03Notice
[Harvester][3888]: Harvester StartRadioTrafficHarvesting Starting Thread to start RadioTraffic Data Harvesting2022/7/24 20:45:43Notice
[Harvester][3888]: Harvester StartAssociatedDeviceHarvesting : Started Thread to start DeviceData Harvesting2022/7/24 20:45:43Notice
[Harvester][3879]: Harvester StartRadioTrafficHarvesting Starting Thread to start RadioTraffic Data Harvesting2022/7/20 09:56:36Notice
[Harvester][3879]: Harvester StartAssociatedDeviceHarvesting : Started Thread to start DeviceData Harvesting2022/7/20 09:56:36Notice

Mayoo
I plan to stick around

Two rogers tech came to my property. first one came and swapped the modem and not seeing the issue yet ( 6hours ) . Second one is the maintenance tech and came and checked the green box in my property and said issue resolved. fingers crossed ! 

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation