cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet drops whenever people arrive or meave from house

Thowse
I've been around

My internet drops whenever me or my roommate arrives or leaves from the house. It is a huge hassle.

I know it is not related to the wiring because it occurs while we are parked in our driveway when arriving at home (before we have had the chance to disrupt any wiring on our way inside).

I think it has to do with our phone's connection to the network but I have no idea how to fix it. Has anyone else experienced this?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Internet drops whenever people arrive or meave from house

RogersCorey

Greetings and good afternoon @Thowse!

This is a real headscratcher of a problem you've brought to us today. When you say the Internet drops, is it everyone who still remains in the home that loses connection or is the person who's arriving or leaving that loses connection? Does the light pattern on your modem change when this happens?

Either way, we'd be happy to take a closer look to see what is going on! Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Re: Internet drops whenever people arrive or meave from house

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Do you have a garage? and is it when that is opening/closing?

Wondering A ) power draw causing something.  B ) that the wireless signal for it, it some how interfering when running.

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation