Internet down in Ottawa..again

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Internet down in Ottawa..again

I was one of the people who had a bricked modem and finally was able to switch it for a new one. The modem worked fine for 24 hours and now it's down again.modem lights are partially on but the second from the top is flashing. I can't get through on tech chat and after 24 min on hold I was cut off
Getting frustrated as I work from home. Is anyone else having issues in the Ottawa west area? And yes I have tried rebooting the modem

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Highlighted

Re: Internet down in Ottawa..again

Hi @Krisalys,

Welcome to the Community.

Are you still experiencing loss of service? What modem do you have?

We haven't been notified of any outages in the downtown Ottawa area, anyone else in the Community residing around the area experiencing something similar?

RogersZia

I've Been Here Awhile

I spoke with tech support and she said so far there wasn't an area issue. It seems to be something with my connection and a tech guy is coming by tomorrow
I've Been Around

I'm in Ottawa west as well. My internet has been on and off for the past week. Crazy annoying!
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I'm in Ottawa Center and for me the internet was pretty much non existent last night. Re-booting fixed the problem for about 30 seconds.

It does seem to be OK today. (at least for now)
I've Been Here Awhile

Just a follow up. My issue was a problem with the cable outside my home. Modem was fine and connection in the area is fine. The tech put in a temporary line and in spring when the ground thaws they will bury a cable. Here's hoping the temp line holds up!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Krisalys wrote:

Just a follow up. My issue was a problem with the cable outside my home. Modem was fine and connection in the area is fine. The tech put in a temporary line and in spring when the ground thaws they will bury a cable. Here's hoping the temp line holds up!

Glad the issue was resolved, you can check this thread for more info on the Burial Process:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...