Internet disconnection in Mississauga

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Internet disconnection in Mississauga

Hello!

The internet disconnection happens often since June after I moved to the new place.  Everytime I contacted with a tech support, they have found out the issue exists in this area. Tech has came to my home and checked out the signal, modem and everything else which can affect the wifi signal and changed a new modem, but the problem has not been fixed. It is not a SIMPLE AREA ISSUE, there must be something wrong with this area, which caused the internet was not stable for the past six months. It is square one area in Mississauga. I haven't heard any other disconnecting issue from other companies, which means Rogers mignt be the only one with it. It is definitly not a problem with my modem since my neighbors have the same situation, and it is a condo, I assume everyone else could get the same thing.

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Internet disconnection in Mississauga

Hi @JoannaBB

Welcome to the Community Forums and thank you for posting! Smiley Happy

That's definitely frustrating to deal with and we'd like to help by looking into your services and signal. Please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps next time you're online and we can take a closer look.

RogersPrasana

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Hi JoannaBB,

I can certainly understand your frustration, but you must realize that intertmittancy is one of the hardest issues to troubleshoot. First of all there is wifi intermittancy, modem intermittancy, rf intermittancy, noise intermittancy, congestion intermittancy. Should I go on? The questions that you are asked and the answers you give are very important to troubleshooting these issues. You may actually be experiencing more than one type of intermittancy but you need to deal with one thing at a time. From tech support agent to tech support agent, your answers to the questions may be interpitted differently, so patience and investigation will be required to get to the bottom of your issues.

Brian

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I dont have disconnection issues however in the same area I have major issues with speeds. At one time I get 120 Mbps then minutes later its downt to 8 Mbps. Have been using the connection for a month but all this its only agony. No help whatsover from the tech support. Falling back to Bell as I cant really have an inconsistent Internet.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Internet Churchill Meadows Mississauga

Is anyone else having issues with the Internet going down frequently on weekday evenings? Netflix streaming constantly interupted.

Highlighted

Hi @marktcaar,

I'm really hoping you're back up and running by the time you read this.  I'm not aware of any issues affecting your specific area in the past little while.

If you're still experiencing any issues, please don't hesitate to send a PM to @CommunityHelps and we can take a closer look. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Kind regards,

RogersShaun