Internet connection timing out

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Internet connection timing out

Thanks @Datalink for all the help.

Hello, @hansm0leman

Addressing the issue you are having involves accessing your account. I’m going to send you a private message from CommunityHelps. Please check our message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

Thank you for understanding.

RogersMoin

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This would be a lot easier if the cable would just die, once and for all.  Everytime a tech visits it must be up and running, so, the tech runs a check, sees a decent download rate and declares that "All is well.  My work here is done." which doesn't help you at all. 

I've Been Here Awhile

No internet connection: Only 1 Upstream/Downstream Channel

Hello,

For the past few months my internet connection has been cutting out for 5-20 minutes at a time several evenings a week. I have had 2 technicians come, but both have told me there is nothing wrong with my setup and its something else causing the issue. Neither have fixed the problem.

Now, I have had no internet connection for approx. 12 hours. This is a particularly long shortage, and Rogers cannot send me a technician until much later in the week so I am looking for possible solutions here.

The lights on my modem are all green, except for the @ which is off. Downstream is blinking green.

DOCSIS WAN shows only 1 downstream and 1 upstream channel. Downstream channel has a strength of -9.8dBmV, SNR of 37.636. Upstream channel has a strength of 34.5dBmV.

Can anyone recommend some solutions or provide more insight then the technicians visiting me have done? I am getting frustrated =/

Hello, @ChrisRyan

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

I understand the inconvenience of not having the Internet service, it's very strange that 2 technicians were not able to restore the connection for you. 

We can look into diagnosing the connection problem, addressing the matter involves accessing your account. I’m going to send you a private message from CommunityHelps. Please check our message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

Alternately, you can follow the link to access your Inbox.

Thank you for understanding.

RogersMoin

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I did just have the same happen about a week ago.
It droped.. and went to one down and one up.

It only lasted about 1/2 an hour for me.

Guessing you have rebooted it though?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes, I have rebooted. Usually it does nothing to fix the problem, the internet has seemed to fix itself it the past. Apparently not this time though.

Still no internet this morning.

And I will check my PMs, thank you.