Internet Usage Reset time?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Internet Usage Reset time?

My internet billing period is the 12th to the 11th. Yesterday (April 12th) when my usage was supposed to be reset, at about 6:00PM when I got home and went on the internet, I received a 75% usage notification. I would like to know if this is most likely a delayed time or if I somehow used up 45GB in a day. Is there any way to check if/when it gets reset? Thanks.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Internet Usage Reset time?

The usage meter as well as the notification system is delayed by 1 day.  If your usage was to start on the 12th you will only see the usage reset on our www.rogers.com on the 13th.  The notification you received was the day ending on the 11th.

Your new usage though will start on the 12th but all the information in regards to how much you used will be displayed the next day.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

The usage meter as well as the notification system is delayed by 1 day.  If your usage was to start on the 12th you will only see the usage reset on our www.rogers.com on the 13th.  The notification you received was the day ending on the 11th.

Your new usage though will start on the 12th but all the information in regards to how much you used will be displayed the next day.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I've got the  same situation going on in my case. My billing period is 12th to 13th. If the usage meter is delayed for one day, is it safe for me to use the internet on 14th? I've only a little bit left of my max allowance. Or should I wait for one more day?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

There was a mistake. My billing period is 14th to 13th.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Thanks
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I'm currently over my internet usages this month. The invoice day is June 6th 2014. It said it would reset June 7th but today is June 7th. Does anyone know what time it resets and is it safe to use internet again?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Its should be midnight, as far as i am aware.

The usage meter may not reset/display reset at that time.. but should have started over.

(as the info that it polls, is only from the PREVIOUS day)

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Kevin1727:

My plan may be different from yours. My normal billing date is the 20th of the month, although it varies slightly. Sometimes it's the 19th or the 21st. My monthly internet usage always restarts on the 24th of the month, which is a few days after my billing date.

Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

This thread is relatively old so just wondering if there's been a change. Our billing period is supposed to be from the 14th to the 13th. We got a 75% notice today, which is unusual, and when I check the account it says usage will reset in 2 days. As it is now the 10th, that would mean a reset on the 12th not the 14th. When can we expect the actual usage reset to kick in?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hmm.. interesting.

Perhaps your billing cycle changed??

I just checked mine, and it says 13 days.  That puts me on the 23.
Well it doesnt reset on the 23rd, thats my last day, new cycle for me starts on the 24th.

Might be worth a call in and see what they can see more detailed on their end.