Internet Outage?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Internet Outage?

@Johnstonec wrote:
How do you get on this other server? 8.8.4.4 or 8.8.8.8?

All depends on your system/OS.

But usualy, if you go into the properties for your network card (wired or wireless) you can specify your DNS servers.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: We're in London and have been without Net access for the...

@Puzuma wrote:

We're in London and have been without Net access for the last 2 hours. Gave up trying to get through to Rogers by phone after waiting 90 minutes. **bleep**, even lost the crappy hold music. 

Found an open wifi signal in my building, so using that for now. Tried the live chat too, still over an hour to connect to someone. 

Makes me wonder if it's some kind of DoS attack.

While possible.. its only the DNS server thats down.. the internet IS up.. i am on rogers internet right now.. wasnt working with the rogers DNS, but with an alternat DNS, works fine.. also been playing wow just fine, for over 3 hours in the effected area.

I am guessing.. with the amount of people effected (most of ontario?).. your not getting through, as there are more people calling than support people.. like all of ontario calling Smiley Tongue

I've Been Around

if your in london just like me why are you still using rogers and not start communications like i am, they are 10x better then rogers, + this so called internet outage has not done nothing with my isp aka Start and they  rent rogers cable lines, so yes i been online for all day not once have i been down.

I've Been Here Awhile

Dns servers appear to be down. Configure 8.8.8.8 as an alternate dns on your machine or your router.  I configured it on my R wireless cisco modem and I'm back up.

I've Been Around

Out in Carleton Place near Ottawa as well. Thanks for the DNS info..works like a charm.

I've Been Here Awhile

I've Been Here Awhile

Things are coming back online now (I'm in mid-town Toronto.)

Varous web pages are becoming available as DNS changes are propagating.  For example, CNN came back five minutes ago, but the Toronto Star was still offline until a few minutes later.  Rogers own mail service didn't work until I went to mail.yahoo.com   (rather than my bookmark) and re-logged in.

I've Been Here Awhile

...and I didn't make any changes to my DNS servers at my end.
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone else in the Ottawa/Kanata/Stittsville area's having internet drop on them in the last few days  .....

KC

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thurs night there was a DNs outage which seemed to affect all of Ontario.

While not always, if you call I. The may have record of outage in your area.

This is where a status page for outages would be nice Smiley Tongue

Topic Stats