Internet Outage?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Internet Outage?

Meh I am so tired and frustrated just going to call Rogers tomorrow and tell them. There services suck and going to bell lol

I'm Here A Lot

Internet Outage?

I have never seen a 24 hr help line offline lol or a busy signal would be really smart of Rogers to like hmm maybe put something on the bleeping home to notify there customers if wtf is going on but they don't really care about us cuase they get paid regardless

I'm Here A Lot

Re: Internet Outage?

Funny how my bell I phone works perfectly
I've Been Around

We are down can't even get through to phone support

I've Been Here Awhile

+1 on the DNS server change fixes the problem.

From another thread:

use 8.8.8.8

In windows 7:
control panel > network and sharing > change adapter settings (left side) > right click on local area network > properties > select Internet Protocol Ver 4 > properties > select "use the following DNS server address" > enter 8.8.8.8

You can also change the DNS server address in your router to fix all computers in the home in one shot.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

From all the other posts, it appears the rogers DNS is broken, or at least partialy.

I am guessing the phone is SLAMMED with people calling in, they cant take any more calls on it at the time Smiley Sad

I've Been Around

What is going on with the internet !??

Any one know what's up??

When I do troubleshooting I'm getting this " The DNS server isn't responding " ??
Can any one help please ?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The DNS server appears to be down or barely working.

One thing to try, is you can change your dns server to the google one and you should be OK, the internet part is up, its just the DNS the takes your www.google.com for example and translates it to an address, etc.

Go into your adapter settings for your network card, and enter in 8.8.8.8

I've Been Here Awhile

I agree, how hard is it to send 1 guy to post something on their main site, this is bull!!!
I've Been Around

WINDOWS 7 GUIDE TO CHANGE DNS SERVER

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Change-TCP-IP-settings

look at the bottom for DNS changing guide

use 8.8.8.8 which is google's DNS server. I just did this and I am back online.

Topic Stats