Internet Outage?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Internet Outage?

Internet issues, anyone else?

***edited labels***

I've Been Here Awhile

Internet Outage?

Anyone have connectivity problems?

I'm Here A Lot

Re: Internet Outage?

Rogers seems to be getting worse and worse. These Internet blackouts seem to be happening more and more often.

Whenever I call they just tell me that it's all of Ontario that's experiencing a blackout. It's just getting ridiculous.

I've Been Here Awhile

Internet Outage?

My pc says that it cannot connect to the Rogers DNs server.

You can change the DNS server settings tp use a public one.

Worked for me, still cant get a hold of rogers though.

I've Been Here Awhile

My pc says that it cannot connect to the Rogers DNs server.

You can change the DNS server settings tp use a public one.

Worked for me, still cant get a hold of rogers though.

I've Been Here Awhile

Look at thread below, use 8.8.8.8 for DNS. But beyond that, yes, Rogers is sucking hard for such wonderfully inflated prices. Only reason I haven't switched to something better is that I plan on moving in a couple months.

I've Been Here Awhile

Internet Outage?

This is my first problem with Rogers in 3 years and I'm glad for that cause their sites r so hard to navigate. My Internet just went down so I've been trying to see what's up and it must be a big problem right now cause I can't get through on the phone. I am very surprised that Rogers has no status site to show if its just me or if service is down in my area. Also this forum sucks cause I have to search a category rather then swing the most resent posts. I also went in the online help and tried simple questions like " Internet down" and " no Internet" and apparently that is too complicated for the search, all sites I've seen need some major user friendly redesign!!!!!!!

I've Been Around

Internet Outage?

Yep, cant get any internet service and I am in oshawa

I've Been Around

Internet Outage?

Yup, it's a problem with Rogers DNS servers. I switched mine to google's servers (8. 8. 8. 8.) and I'm back online. You have to get into the properties of your network connection and change from "select DNS server automatically" to 8. 8. 8. 8. Probably a good idea to switch back once the problem is fixed, however, since using your ISP's server means that download sources closer to home are selected for. 

I've Been Around

8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 is the same thing as using a router out? seems like my modem wont work on LAN or wifi, but if i router it out, i can get on...is this happening to anyone else?

Coming on PPV!
Real Madrid vs. Atlético (Athletic) Bilbao Live
LIVE: Saturday April 21, 2019 10AM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499 | 391 (beIN English) 392 (beIN Spanish)
Price: $5.99 (HD) | $5.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $5.99 | (beIN subscription $14.99/mo.)
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Real Madrid faces Athletic Bilbao in a regular la liga league soccer match. Subscribe to beIN Sports for $14.99/mo. to get the game and more La Liga and international Sporting events.

Crawford vs. Khan Live
LIVE: Saturday April 20, 2019 9PM ET
Countdown: 8:00 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $79.99 (HD) | $74.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $79.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!

Undefeated virtuoso Terence "Bud" Crawford (34-0, 25 KOs) will defend his welterweight world title against British boxing royalty Amir "King" Khan (33-4, 20 KOs) in a collision of superstars.

Topic Stats