Internet Outage?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Internet Outage?

Since the DNS outage last week, I've been monitoring the DNS address that Rogers assigns when the router connects to their network.  When I ping the address it is never 100%.  Anywhere from 0 to 3 replies but never 4.  Having said that, the response time for those that do work is quite good comparitively speaking.

Does Rogers know that they still have a problem?  Or are they just waiting until it stops completely inconveniencing 100's again.

I'm tired of calling tech support and having to talk them through the boiler plate questions, eventually being put on hold and finally having to hang up (after being in queue, on hold, etc. for 1-1/2 hours) with no answer or resolution.

A status page would be helpful.

On another note, does anyone know how to configure a Linksys router with DHCP and a static DNS address in spots 2 or 3?

Thanks,

RG

I've Been Around

Internet (and phone today) has gone down 4 times this week. I'm in South Kitchener. Is something going on that's causing this??

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have a friend in the same area.. and just asked him, and hes been fine.

it may be something more localized to your house/location... SPECIALY if the phone is going out.. something is droping the signal alltogether.

Have you called in yet to see if there is any outages/work in the area?  They can also send a tech out to make sure its nothing local to the house which is causing it.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Internet Outage

Got this email at 1:25 PM today!
Any one else impacted in the Shelburne, Ontario area?

Important message.
Some customers are experiencing a disruption to their TV, Internet and/or Home/Business Phone service in your area. Our technicians are working to restore service; most service outages are resolved within 4 hours. Visit here to stay informed on this outage (while the outage is on-going). We’ll provide another update when service resumes.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,
Rogers Communications

MyRogers Get support Community Forums Community Forums Facebook Twitter YouTube Connected
Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Store Locator | rogers.com
Rogers Communications | One Mount Pleasant Road | Toronto ON M4Y 2Y5
© 2016 Rogers Communications

Hello @JLANG6,

Welcome to the Community forums and thanks for reaching out!

I'm hopeful that your services have been restored since your last post.  Had you called in to report an outage before receiving this email? We will send an email, text message or phone call to update the status of an outage ticket. 

You can also check out our Rogers Service Interruptions page for other outage information. 

I hope this helps!

RogersShaun

I've Been Here Awhile

Is anyone aware of the internet and cable outage in Brampton. What is the current status and when can we expect to be back online? I work from home and have lost a half day not being able to connect to the internet.

Hello, @jacash01.

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

Thank you for joining the Community and for posting your query. Undoubtedly, the service interruptions can be inconvenient particularly if you are working from home. 

We can certainly look into the status for you, please send us a private message @CommunityHelpsPlease check our blog if you require assistance with the private messaging.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for your response... I am not exactly sure how to send a private message from @CommunityHelps. I feel really frustrated at this point, offline all day and no status updates from Roger's, absolutely nothing.. I expect Roger's to be proactive with comms in such situations, but it feels more like you just reactive. I found out myself that there was an issue then had to call in to find out what the issue is, which is still being referred to as just an "outage"... then no one is able to give me an ETA either. This is my livelihood that's being affected. While I understand that certain things are sometimes out of your control and is gonna happen occassionally but communication is in on your control, I would have expected to see email update or texts at least every hour.... just feeling really frustrated and trying to figure out how to make up for the lost day... hope this will be resolved soon.

Hello, @jacash01.

Thank you for your continued patience. I can certainly appreciate your position; a prolonged service interruption can be frustrating. 

You can click on @CommunityHelps and click on "Send This User a Private Message" on the top right side to send us the private message. 

We do proactively communicate major service interruptions; besides the IVR when you call the tech support the service interruption is also posted on rogers.com and on Twitter at @RogersHelps.

Below is the tweet acknowledging the interruption:

https://twitter.com/RogersHelps/status/1073281605240668162

Due to a fibre cut which was caused by a traffic accident, some customers in Brampton, Ontario may continue to experience a disruption to their Internet, TV, and Home Phone service. Repairs are ongoing as we work to restore service. Thank you for your continued patience.

Please feel free to send us a private message so that we can look into finding more details for you.

Thank you for understanding!

Regards,

RogersMoin

I've Been Around

Outage in London Ontario

Internet phone and tv are all off line. Is this a known issue?