Internet Outage Site?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Internet Outage Site?

Hi.

Is there a Rogers site that lists which areas have internet down?

Apparently there is an outage in my part of Mississauga ... anywhere else?

****Edit Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Internet Outage Site?

While that site can be a geneal cue to if there is an outage, always take it with a grain of salt.
Its all based on people reporting themselves that its 'down'.

Not that anything is actually down or not.

There have been times, where the site was red over 90% of newmarket.

I contacted my family and friends who all live in 5 different areas of newmarket.. all with rogers.. and they were all up and running fine.

It doesnt take into account anything else.  The person could have a PC problem, like my work PC where when you reboot the PC for some reason the ethernet port doesnt auto connect again till you disable and re enable it.  Someone could have an issue like that, but report it as 'their internet is down'

Always, the best bet is to call in.
Hopefully they will know if there is an outage.  But also as well, it helps REPORT that there is an outage or problem in an area.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I called Rogers and they said that there is a connection outage in my part of Mississauga. My home phone is not working as well.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

this is what i use to check for outages..https://canadianoutages.com/status/rogers

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While that site can be a geneal cue to if there is an outage, always take it with a grain of salt.
Its all based on people reporting themselves that its 'down'.

Not that anything is actually down or not.

There have been times, where the site was red over 90% of newmarket.

I contacted my family and friends who all live in 5 different areas of newmarket.. all with rogers.. and they were all up and running fine.

It doesnt take into account anything else.  The person could have a PC problem, like my work PC where when you reboot the PC for some reason the ethernet port doesnt auto connect again till you disable and re enable it.  Someone could have an issue like that, but report it as 'their internet is down'

Always, the best bet is to call in.
Hopefully they will know if there is an outage.  But also as well, it helps REPORT that there is an outage or problem in an area.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

so i am guessing then there is no site that rogers offers to check outages for the general public 🙂 and as far as calling in over the last few months i have found that the TSRs dont allways know that the net is down ie: called when my net is down they do their thing and tell me that my net isnt down 🙂 and ya know you cant argue with them cause they know it all and that we the paying cust havent got a clue what we are talking about..

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am looking for somewhere to see if there are ongoing repairs are being done

is there a site or # that one can contact to get an update on the possiblity of a long waited repair is going to be done or has even been sceduled to be done for my crappy internet that has been an ongoing issue for the last year?

Highlighted

Good evening @hiho,

I am sorry to say that we do not have a web page where all of the current repairs scheduled are displayed and accessible. 

If you would like us to look into your account to see if we can identify the root cause of your Internet issues or provide you with an update on the existing ticket, let us know!

RogersMaude

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the responce this issue has been going on since last september and i was advised back in june that sometime in October/November that they should be doing the wrk supposedly but so far i havent been able to confirm or get an update on the proposed repair, beyond the fact that the permits and what not were applied for and the wrk is supposed to be done

Highlighted

Thank you for clarifying @hiho

Since we are still within the timeframe originally given to you by the department assigned to rectify this matter, I would not be able to provide you with further assistance at the moment.

I am very sorry about that and I hope that this gets resolved shortly Smiley Wink

Take care -

RogersMaude

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

This seems to be the site where you find Rogers outages...

https://canadianoutages.com/status/rogers/map/

Right now (9 pm 5 Nov 2018) the Rogers Email Server is down but there is nothing on the Rogers website that tells anyone when the system will be restored.  Basically you have to call and they tell you there is a problem. 

At 4 pm the ETR was 4 hours but now it is 9 pm and the ETR has not been updated. 

I would suggest Management be informed that the communication of service outages to clients needs a significant improvement.  You have to wait on hold for 20 minutes for someone to tell you that the system is down and they don't have any further information. They apologize of course, but to save frustration, please post information telling me what the problem is, and when the service will be restored. That would save me time and be very useful.