for about ~2 weeks now I started seeing the following problem: during Microsoft Teams call, I stop hearing the other side for few seconds, and then it continues. Few minutes later, the same audio issue repeats. And this happens on both iPhone and PC
Kid is using Zoom / Google, and experiencing similar issue - audio/video just periodically freezing during the class
Nothing changed on our side - network configuration, network load, etc. - and was working relatively well, but March 4/5 it became unbearable to the point that I could not do my meetings anymore.
- Ignite Gigabit service
- Modem: CODA-4582U in bridge mode, current FW 18.104.22.168 (signed up to get 22.214.171.124)
- Routers: ASUS RT-AX86u, in mesh mode, running latest Merlin FW
- wifi clients using AX/AC; AX connects at 2402Mbps, AC clients connect at 650Mbps, wired at gigabit
(very close to the router)
Called Rogers support, they say my line is good, and there are no issues in my neighborhood.
Am I the only one having such problem?
Just to update on my previous posts in this thread, for my specific issue, which I believe many were having but not everyone:
This issue may finally be resolved. A couple weeks ago there was an outage on my street I think for an hour or two and I found a Rogers tech outside. He said there was some kind of intermittent signal issue and he was going from box to box to isolate it. (I asked what could cause this and he mentioned wet wires and other things that could affect the wire/signal)
I am not sure what he ended up doing, but I believe I have not seen the intermittent disconnect issue that I was consistently having since he was on the street. I will keep monitoring to be sure.
So it seems its possible that there is an actual issue beyond the local home environment which could be causing this, but Rogers seems totally unaware of it or they have no way of detecting it until it gets worse. (Its also possible it was a coincidence or that issue is not actually resolved yet.)
Unless we're neighbours, it's interesting that my issue also got resolved at the same time. I'm wondering whether there was a common issue that has now been corrected. At least the dropping has not occurred since and my download speed has doubled.
After exactly one month (Feb. 11) of OFDMA being disabled, with flawless internet, it has unfortunately been re-enabled on my Hitron today. I will resume my PingPlotter monitoring for drops.
Has anyone else had OFDMA turned back on?
Yeah they turned it back on today for me as well. Not sure what the point is.
Also the packetloss is back after being completely gone for a month 🙂
mine has been turned back on as well. Let's see what happens now....
I wish somebody from Rogers would come on here and let us know what improvements they made in the interval being switched off to now. With three people working from home, it's been bliss not having the constant disconnects, now the anxiety starts again.
I just use pingplotter, as it's a lot easier to catch packetloss than command prompt. Every rogers tech will tell you to use command prompt, but it's a complete waste of time.
Yeah, PingPlotter to 126.96.36.199 (Google DNS) and just let that run.
It's almost like they set 1 month as the timeline to trial OFDMA being disabled and just let it lapse... I do not want a return to the state of affairs in January.