Internet Keeps Dropping

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
111dddfsf
I've Been Around

Re: Internet Keeps Dropping

Spoke to a technician today, apparently OFDMA was disabled for all of the white CODA modems as of an email that went out this morning. Hopefully this solves our issue!

augmentium
I Plan to Stick Around

@111dddfsf

I wonder if this is temporary & what their plan is going forward. Any Rogers reps reading this able to answer?
88dalejrfan
I Plan to Stick Around

Here's my graph for today (day 1 of OFDMA being disabled). 
Latency2.JPG

Some latency spikes, but no drops, and both Zoom calls and gaming (yes, I had to take a break to try it) have been stable. Fingers crossed this finally does it. 

doctor80
I Plan to Stick Around

With OFDMA disabled, during ZOOM call, I've received another ping loss session at 4 PM EST , even though it did not disconnect on me this time.

I'll keep monitoring this to see if this was coincidental and was caused by maybe noise spike, or signal fluctuation.

image.png

lethalsniper
I'm an Enthusiast

We are having the same issue and from what I know we had a flapping issue which causes disconnects and low speeds with high latency from what I was told the flapping was coming from the node , if anyone here know what that means can you please let me know thanks
PizzaBear
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah I noticed my upstream is dark blue today. Mine is disabled! So far no disconnects today.
Jok9
I Plan to Stick Around

Good to hear hopefully we can stop refreshing this forum everyday lol.

Damascus
I've Been Here Awhile

I've been having the same disconnect issues for the past little while, OFDMA still enabled on my CODA-4582. My question is, should I try to upgrade to the XB7 or just wait till OFDMA is disabled on the CODA?
JK6399
I'm Here A Lot

I've disconnect today morning for like couple of minute , and OFDM/OFDMA disabled already. Is there any better solution to fix this annoying issue?

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Damascus reboot / restart the modem to see if that results in both OFDM channels being disabled.  Use the modem's ADMIN .... DEVICE RESET .... Reboot function, or, just pull the power off of the modem, wait for about 15 seconds and plug it back in.  After the reboot, check the OFDMA status at the bottom of the STATUS .... DOCSIS WAN page.  I don't know if the decision to disable OFDMA was for all 4582's or only for certain areas.  Perhaps @RogersCorey can shed some light on this.