Internet Keeps Dropping

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zed
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Internet Keeps Dropping

Rogers cannot blame the customer's equipment. Slam them back if they try. Go to Contact Us and find the Share a Concern link. Write your complaint there. I got a call within hours and they have escalated to HEAD OFFICE, wherever that is.
Also tell them you will not pay for the internet service.
doctor80
I Plan to Stick Around

@zed - what Rogers trying to imply is that (maybe) since there are many people working from home, and in particular among IT professionals, there are many Zoom sessions at the same time across the node, introducing potential load. In normal case we all would be in office..
Again I'm skeptical that this is what is causing the util.

Therefore it'll be helpful if more people will check their node. 

NancyN
I'm Here A Lot

I've been experiencing these seemingly random drop out issues as well. The internet will cut out from anywhere of 1 minute to 10 minutes sometimes, getting worse and worse these past few weeks. This has been a problem for MONTHS now and isn't an issue that I am facing alone. 

About a 1-2 minute walk from my house lives a coworker of mine. He has the EXACT same issue happening at the EXACT same time. The way we disconnect is exactly the same. The time we're out is exactly the same. Any game that we're playing will boot us out, if we're watching a stream we lose connection to the stream. Interestingly enough though, if we're in a Discord call with out friends and such we can still hear them perfectly fine, though they will be unable to hear us. 

We both have the standard Hitron CODA 4582 modem, etc etc etc. I have very very serious doubts that this has anything to do with anything on our end at all. 

This has been a really longstanding issue and after dealing with more or less constant internet issues for this entire year now I'm very likely going to search for another option for my ISP, this is ridiculous at this point.

dooncomputer1
I Plan to Stick Around

Welcome to Rogers unhappy customer club. Same here, I have been with Rogers for few years and dealing with customer/technical support is not help. They are god with lip service tough not necessarily take responsibility to solve the issue. For past few weeks having issue and number of call made to tech support and as said lip service no action so far. Scheduled a visit by tech person but based on past experience(s) not much hope. Maybe it is time to another provider not to say it will be any better but at least chance someone will question why customer left. 

88dalejrfan
I Plan to Stick Around

It's pretty clear that everyone posting in this thread has the same issue: daily disconnections, short in duration, most notably characterized by sent packets grinding to a halt while some are still received. We are all over the province and maybe even all over the country. This is not an "in the home" issue.

The only idea I have at the moment is making one big list of everyone here affected by the issue and sending it to Head Office or the Ombudsman.
alfajina
I Plan to Stick Around

York region (Aurora).

Same issue as everyone else, happening at least twice a day, lasting about 5 minutes. I can hear others in discord but they cannot hear me.

This has been going on for about 3 or 4 weeks now.

They did the "monitoring" on my connection, to tell me they see nothing wrong.

I asked about node congestion in my area, to which they said there was none.

Hopefully switching providers soon, this is unacceptable.

doctor80
I Plan to Stick Around

@alfajina - I'm from Aurora too.
So your node is not congested and you still have the same issue with sporadic packet loss of 5 minutes at time? And then it works well?
Do you have CODA modem?
88dalejrfan
I Plan to Stick Around

No updates on my ticket, and a new single day drop record of ten separate disconnects (and counting). My neighbour switched to Fibe and it's been smooth sailing for the last few months. I think I'm done. 

doctor80
I Plan to Stick Around

4 days with being

Modem - Gateway ON , WIFI - OFF

Router - AP mode with WIFI ON.

Performance is still much better comparing to what I had before.

I can see while pingplotter still shows packet drops here and there, but it's not like before. I haven't got yet any significant packets loss case where Zoom would drop calls. Again too early to conclude.

Still monitoring.

vikas-arora
I Plan to Stick Around

@doctor80 I agree that the drops appear to have reduced significantly with CODA in gateway mode. Or it could just be because of the vacation time. I haven't heard back anything on my ticket yet, except an apology sms, for the long delay, that I receive almost everyday.