Internet Keeps Dropping

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dreego
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Internet Keeps Dropping

@-G- Its a Hitron. All I get is the easy connect screen and I cannot get past it.

@PizzaBear What do you mean by zap? If you mean factory reset, its been done by support. They reset it and put it back in bridge mode. Did not seem to help.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@dreego wrote:

@-G- Its a Hitron. All I get is the easy connect screen and I cannot get past it.

I don't have a Hitron modem (I have Ignite Internet) but if I remember correctly, you should be able to log in as "cusadmin" with a password of either "password" or perhaps the current WiFi password.

ll1960
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi,

I just switched to Rogers Ignite a month ago from Rogers cable a month ago.  I was happy with the service until this last Monday, when I started to experience frequent Internet drops during the day.  The behavior is the same as described in many of the posts in this forum: drops for several seconds and works again, Today within a period of 1hour around 2 pm, it dropped at least a dozen times.  Wired directly to the gateway, wireless, away from it, closer to it. No difference, this behavior continues.  I have a tech who is supposed to come in today between 6-8pm to check. It is now 730pm. I am not sure this will happen.  Even if he shows up, based on what I have read in these posts, it is unlikely that it will be fixed in the short while. I have 2 university students who need a stable connection for their virtual classes and I need it for my work.  After 30+ years with Rogers, I am starting to panic now and it's time to check the other guy...

RogersAndy

Hey everyone!

And @Rjobeid, @ll1960 and @CG2287, welcome to the community!

We can all attest to intermittent service being incredibly difficult to deal with for sure. I'll do what I can to assist in helping get to the bottom of it. Here's a few things to look out for / provide so further investigation can ensue.

1. Your modem signal levels. These can be found in the Status page of your Modem's GUI. These are important to know if it's due to a signal level issue that the service is disconnecting.
    Visit: http://192.168.0.1 with a wired device to your modem.    
    Username: cusadmin
    Password: your WiFi password
  2. Are you connecting with a wired or a wireless connection? Imperative knowledge as WiFi issues are not necessarily caused by service issues.
  3. Your WAN/LAN uptime. This can also be found on the status page of your modem's GUI. These results should be within 5 minutes of each other. If they are not and the WAN Uptime is considerably lower, it's an indicator that the modem is losing connection to the CMTS. This is addressable and support can help with that.
  4. How often does this occur and when did it start? Is it during peak periods only? We can review the network to determine if perhaps congestion might be leading to your experience. This information is useful for identifying that.
  5. Does this occur on one device? Or all devices? If this is a service level concern, all devices would be impacted, but a localized home network issue could lead to either one, more or all devices being intermittent as well.
  6. Are you using any 3rd party equipment, such as a router or a switch? Have you tested without the device(s) connected/powered on. Does the issue persist?
  7. What modem are you using and what firmware? Though the issue is almost never the modem, it's important for our purposes to know from an access standpoint as well as be able to identify for you what to expect to see within your GUI.
  8. Do you have a technician scheduled? Has one already visited? What steps where completed to troubleshoot thus far.

If you've provided all the above assisting in getting to the core of your issue does become considerably easier. With only pieces of the information I'm afraid we just end up grasping at straws. I look forward to hearing from you and very much look forward to seeing the intermittency addressed for you all as soon as possible.

@RogersAndy

awais22
I Plan to Stick Around

My LAN and WAN uptime is the same and my signal stats are good from the modem. What else can I do to fix this intermediate issue?

Milenko
I've Been Around

Internet and wifi is very very disappointing! No way to reach anyone to complain and if you do they tell you to restart/reboot your modem as if you yourself haven’t already tried that!

SteveAdams
I Plan to Stick Around

Sounds like a smart plan. I moved 3 weeks ago, not one drop out, not one speed hiccup, not anything other than SUPER FAST, reliable internet. I am pegging 1gbs up 980 mbps down on speed test. I was lucky to get 150mbps on Rogers, paying for 500mbps. That was the ignite system. On my old legacy system I never had an issue. Bell has better services now.
Rjobeid
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the prompt reply back.  I KNOW I have issues with the whole package of Ignite Gigabit I got, since day one, when the modem reboot itself twice in one night....and for the past four days I've had the service, it has been dropping off and on....even though the light is on, on the box...yet I know the internet is down, via ethernet plugged in straight into it, via the dlink four port switch I have (to get more outlets), and wifi is horribly inconsistent...yet strong when it is up and running.

Let's top it all off by saying I can't even access the ip address like you mentioned....I don't even reach the user admin and password page.  All my browsers, from a computer, plugged in via ethernet, don't want to respond.  I tried to ping it, and it said, 4 packets send, 0 returned....can't even find my ip address.  There you go my friend.  What should I do....I rebooted twice, the computer, and the modem.

panda45
I've Been Here Awhile

Go to eero mesh system or any other. I had the same issues everyone described for months and finally had enough. They gave me a free eero router and beacon rental for a year. Not one drop since.
panda45
I've Been Here Awhile

This is not Ingite system just legacy Hiltron router.