Internet Keeps Dropping

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doctor80
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Internet Keeps Dropping

image.png
The modem is in bridge mode to the router.
Can't find the uptime setting in GUI

awais22
I Plan to Stick Around

I also cannot find the uptime for LAN/WAN.

I am also having the exact problems relate to T3 Timeout errors.

How to fix this urgently?

PizzaBear
I Plan to Stick Around

funny, your symptoms is exactly what I have been experiencing.. probably over the course of 1 month now since I first spotted this issue.

Had tech come to check my lines, didn't find anything wrong. I would randomly intermittently experience packet loss 5-10 losses and then goes back to normal for a bit and then happens again. This may go on for 5-20 minutes. Everytime when I try to call into Rogers, the issue will correct itself and then no one could ever find out whats wrong with my connection. Otherwise I go through useless troubleshooting steps and at the end being blamed it is my 'router'. However, I used the Rogers modem gateway and still experienced the packet loss issue so it is not my router.

The last thing I requested was asking Rogers tech to try Zapping my modem. Surprisingly my modem is a lot more responsive after the zap. But will need few days to see if this actually will resolve my issue. I suggest you can request your modem to be zapped if you haven't had that tried on your modem yet.
Aaainternet
I've Been Around

Hi,

Not sure if this is happening to anyone else recently. I read a few posts for a few months back. My internet keeps dropping for 5-10 minutes and then coming back. I work from home so I need a stable connection. Does anyone know how to fix this?

dreego
I've Been Here Awhile

@RogersTony The modem is in my office and above ground and not obstructed. I've had great internet here for years but did get a new modem a few months ago (before issues started though). It's not strange for all devices to go at once since this is almost certainly an issue with the modem or your upstream equipment.

Is there anyway to get at the modem signal info or logs as I've seen others post while the modem is bridged?

Please advise what else can be done to resolve the daily disconnects.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@dreego  Is your Internet connectivity dropping when a particular device connects to WiFi?  Some customers have reported that their WiFi drops and ALL devices disconnect from WiFi when (for example) their new laptop connects to the network.  In many cases, this is due to an incompatibility between the WiFi hardware/driver on their computer and the XB6 gateway.

I know that some recent Realtek chipsets can cause problems for the XB6.  The workaround is to configure the computer to connect only on the 2.4 GHz band until this problem can be corrected.

For more information, see:

Ignite WiFi Gateway (XB6) - Losing internet connection mostly when first using the computer

Ignite TV - WiFi Disconnects Randomly

PizzaBear
I Plan to Stick Around

@dreego and @Aaainternet

Try reaching out to live chat, and ask them to zap your cable modem and see if it helps. So far it has helped in my case, but like I mentioned in my post, I need more time to validate.
-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@dreego wrote:
Is there anyway to get at the modem signal info or logs as I've seen others post while the modem is bridged?

Please advise what else can be done to resolve the daily disconnects.

Sorry, missed this point.  I wasn't sure if you were experiencing a loss of WiFi connectivity or if your Internet connection itself was dropping.

My previous post (re: WiFi on the the XB6) would not apply if you have any modem in bridge mode and are using your own router.

You should be able to access your modem's signal stats and logs (as can Rogers) even when bridge mode is enabled.  Which modem do you have, an Ignite (XB6) gateway or do you have a Hitron modem?

Rjobeid
I've Been Here Awhile

Same here...any proper resolutions yet????
CG2287
I've Been Here Awhile

Intermittent outages starting mid-morning today in Pickering.