Internet Keeps Dropping

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveAdams
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Internet Keeps Dropping

I am now on bell fibe,  the speed difference is outstanding.  I am a happy bell internet user now.  No more waiting for pages to load, constant service issues etc.  

bobbydigital
I Plan to Stick Around

New case number# C159886572

Send the trucks, send the techs, there is a problem on my street in Scarborough.  All my neighbours are experiencing the same issue.  We have all been issued new modems, there is some sort of instability on the line mostly affect internet stability.

I have lost DOCSIS 3.1 connection, I am now running on DOCSIS 3.0 this will only cause more instability on the Rogers infrastructure.

The lights on my CODA modem are dark blue not light blue!  Why am I paying full price for DOCSIS 3.0?!?!?!

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@bobbydigital there's no problem running DOCSIS 3.0 for your modem.  The performance of the 4582 modem running 3.0 is actually pretty good and equals the performance when 3.1 on the download side is running.  3.1 on the upload side is only available at a few limited areas at the moment, which is most likely a test, prior to network wide adoption.  

Looking at your signal levels and the statement that there are a number of customers with the same issue, I'd say that there's an issue with the neighbourhood node or with an amplifier that is running between your modem and the neighbourhood node.  There is a big signal level drop between 279 Mhz and ~570 Mhz.  The DOCSIS 3.1 OFDM channel runs in that frequency range.  I don't have any doubts that the negative signal slope exceeds the allowed signal slope, therefore the modem reverts to DOCSIS 3.0 on the downstream side.  This problem will affect all modems on the cable run from the neighbourhood node to your modem and beyond, to the end of the cable run.  That includes the 4582 modem and the Ignite TV XB6 modems.  

At worst, you might see higher latency in the evening, but, you would have to be running a continuous ping to the Rogers DNS in order to determine that.  It all depends on the loading at the neighbourhood node and the upstream Cable Modem Termination System (CMTS) which controls all of the connected modems in your area and which provides data services to those modems. 

With the case number raised, the moderators could twig the tech support / maintenance staff to determine what action is underway, if any.  Or, you could inquire with tech support, using the number that you stated.  Personal opinion, I'd be calling every day.  

bobbydigital
I Plan to Stick Around

I am currently sitting at home with no TV or internet.
Why would I accept DOCSIS 3.0 when everyone else is getting DOCSIS 3.1?
Have multiple people working from home and this is completely unacceptable.

SteveAdams
I Plan to Stick Around

Move to bell.  You will be much happier. 

SteveAdams
I Plan to Stick Around

Trust me,  Calling every day does not work either.  I was calling every day for months with no resolution to my connection issues. 

bobbydigital
I Plan to Stick Around

What pisses me off is that Rogers sent me an old CODA modem hardware revision 1A to replace my hardware revision 2A CODA.  Because they said my modem is the problem.  But in actuality the problem is with the entire street!  Now I am running an older version of the already poor CODA modem.  Looks like I lost DOCSIS 3.1, not sure why I am paying full price for DOCSIS 3.0?  Sent out a few emails to Bell reps let's see what they offer when they reach out to me.

bobbydigital
I Plan to Stick Around

Internet and tv down again. Case # C159908577
How do I get a credit to my account for this loss of service from Rogers?
RogersJo

Hey @bobbydigital

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😊 I hope you're staying safe and sound. 

I know firsthand how imperative it is to ensure you stay connected and what an inconvenience it can be when it goes down especially during these times. Hopefully, it's been restored since you've reached out to us! 🤞

Feel free to send us a private message @CommunityHelps so we can have a gander into this for you and check the status of your case as well. In the event that you're unfamiliar with our private messaging system, feel free to Click Here

Regards, 

RogersJo 

bstotes
I've Been Here Awhile

I've been having issues for what seems like forever.  Been through several Ignite Modems with no improvement.

Finally ran a ping test last night - here's the bottom line:

Ping statistics for 99.249.240.1:
Packets: Sent = 3600, Received = 3532, Lost = 68 (1% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 3ms, Maximum = 57ms, Average = 11ms

From what I've read on this thread, no level of packet loss is acceptable, and in reality, it's closer to 2% (1.89)

What's my next step?