Internet Keeps Dropping

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Internet Keeps Dropping

yes it's running 2.0.10.36T6 as its software version

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@KMitch04 ok, thats the latest production version firmware for that modem.  7.1.1.30 is somewhere between testing and release I suspect, don't know when Rogers will release it to all of the 4582's on the network.  

Call the nearest Rogers store to see if they have 4582's in stock and if they require a work order to swap the modem.  If a work order isn't required, simply go ahead and swap the modem.  If they require a work order, ok, call tech support and ask the Customer Service Rep to generate a work order, then swap the modem. 

When you pick up the modem, check the modem model before the customer rep proceeds with the swap process.  You should be able to pick up a 4582U 2A version.  I believe that's the latest hardware version.  

There is a good chance that the newer modem will arrive with an out of date firmware version installed.  Take a look to see what is loaded and then reboot the modem once or twice to see if it will update on its own.  If the loaded version is fairly recent, it will run a firmware check on reboot and install the newest version.  Just depends on what's loaded.  Just let the modem chug along doing the update.  That will take about three to four minutes.  When all is said and done, start setting up the modem just so that you can see whats loaded.  Then reboot the modem.  When that reboot is done, finish the setup.  

If the modem isn't performing as expected, don't hesitate to run a factory reset.  I've always found that a modem reboot, or possibly a factory reset was required to see the modem behave as expected, even though a reboot is scheduled into the update cycle.  

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Have ignite 75 and the wireless signal drops in and out

Hi Wireless signal drops in and out to laptop and tv upstairs , modem is in office at bottom of stairs and house is a back split . Recently upgraded to unlimited so Do I need a new modem ? Can i get a booster??

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I’ve been having the same problem, any time I start up my HP laptop while watching tv. Guaranteed the signal drops for 2-3 minutes. Tried tech support, they couldn’t find anything wrong so they told me to do a malware scan on my laptop. That didn’t help.
I have NO idea why, but if I start up the laptop first and THEN turn on the tv, the signal doesn’t drop. Weird, huh?
Highlighted

Hello, @mrm1000 & @rdbassman

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums to you both!

I can understand how frustrating it is to deal with an intermittent Wi-Fi connection. With so many of our devices relying on Wi-Fi to connect its important to have a consistent and fast signal in your home. 

Please check out our support document on how to: Optimize your Wi-Fi Networks.

If you are interested in a mesh Wi-Fi system we can offer you our Wall-to-Wall Wi-Fi service. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can gather your info and get started.

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, Click Here.

RogersTony

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm having serious issues in Oshawa. I haven't had more than 10 minutes of steady internet for going on 5 days now.  I've talked to Rogers and they tell n]me there are no problems in m,y area. They sent a tech out who checked the line ourtside the house and he states it is the line inside that needs to be replaced! Becasue of COVID19 Techs are not entering homes so they want me togo without until such a time as they resume work. I can't wait that long! My Cable TV works fine! Why not my internet? 

I replaced the line myself. Still the same thing happeninmg!!! 2 minutes of internet followed by hours without just isn't cutting it!!! My daughter needs it for school and the rest of us need it for our sanity especially at this time!!!

Highlighted

Hey @Webb21,

Welcome to the Rogers Community! Thank for posting about your situation.I know how trying it can be to experience less than optimal Internet speeds, especially during this difficult time.Although it's reassuring to know you have had a chat with our Technical Support team already, we'd need more information from you.

Could you tell us more about the "serious issues" you're encountering? In order for the Community to help you out further, it could also be helpful if you could tell us about the troubleshooting steps you've gone through so far.

Thanks so much!

RogersMaude

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Did you not read the message I left? All my serious issues are laid out in the message!!!!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Did anyone end up finding a solution to this?  I've been having this exact same problem for the past couple of weeks.  Rogers has tried everything it can think of, including upgrading my service and swapping my modem, but nothing changes.  The connection drops for a few seconds and then reestablishes itself, but in the meantime my VPN is down, my remote connection had disconnected, etc. It's unbelievably frustrating.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@dlee1919 What modem do you have, a black Hitron CGN3xxx where the modem model is seen on the product sticker at the back of the modem, or, the white CODA-4582 modem?  There is only one white modem in use with Rogers.  IF you have a black Hitron modem, can you specify which modem it is, as indicated on the product sticker. 

If you have the new Ignite TV system, then you would be using an XB6 where the specific modem model is seen on the bottom of the modem.  It will either be an Arris TG-3482ER or a Technicolor CGM-4140COM. 

I'd like to see the signal data for the modem, but the instructions to access and copy the data are specific to the modem model, any Hitron modem versus either XB6 modem.