Internet Keeps Cutting Out

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Internet Keeps Cutting Out

Clearly, there is an issue on their end. If now more and more people are coming forward. I have no doubt Rogers has received many complaints and phone calls from, at least the Mississauga area (I'm at Derry and 9thline). If not other places as well. 

And all for 3 days? Something is going on. And it's starting to tick me off. I do most of my work from home. 

I Plan to Stick Around

The problem with that is, Rogers has told me that my moden shows no sign of ever being off in the last 3 days. Clearly, people all over Mississauga are experiecing this. 

Anyone else?? The more people that come forward and post (even just a little something about it) carries weight. 

I've Been Around

Exact same problem. I live near Erin Mills TC. Started for me gradually for the past few weeks, but the past few days my connection cuts out every ~5-10 minutes. I suspect they are upgrading lines (or installing fiber) and this is the result.

I've Been Around

Last week for acouple days at 25 after the hour every hour the net would go out for 5 mins.

Now I am getting net going out like every 5-10 minutes and it is getting so frustrating to the point that there is no sense in having the internet since i can't use it.

EDIT: I live in Cambridge.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Having the same issue at Derry/Glen Erin. A friend is also having the same issues and when he called, the rep told him to get a new router because there's nothing wrong on their end.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@movieman wrote:

The problem with that is, Rogers has told me that my moden shows no sign of ever being off in the last 3 days. Clearly, people all over Mississauga are experiecing this. 

Anyone else?? The more people that come forward and post (even just a little something about it) carries weight. 

Unfortunately, this is a USER to USER forum.. posting here is not the best place for it to be seen.  Better to have more people post on the rogers facebook page, etc.. as its more actively monitored.

It does seem like their is a more widespread... whatever (even if its just something like back end updates, etc).. causing this to happen to a bunch of people.

Though.. obviously isnt global.. as i know mine and my mothers (in two different cities) is not having it.

I wonder what modem everyone experiencing this has?  If its say a firmware update, or something on one particular one which is causing it, etc.

I've Been Here Awhile

Knock on wood, but it's been good this morning.  For a little background, I've been on 150Mb unlimited since early 2013, and in bridge mode since september-ish 2013.  It has been rock solid (minus very infrequent area outages here and there) since well before that.

My previous connection/bandwidth issues (from 2012 and before) were from an ancient modem I was too lazy to upgrade.  That's on me as the customer, so no knock against rogers there.

I had scheduled a tech visit last night, and just received an automated call from Rogers indicating something WAS fixed last night/this morning, and it might have to do with my issues.  It's been several hours with normal connectivity so I cancelled the visit (might have jumped the gun).

Will update at the end of the day.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That might mean its back end related.. HOPEFULLY stays good.

When you went from your old modem.. likely was a D2 (one channel) to a 8 channel likely modem now ? (guessing your on the cisco or CGN2).

Assuming you havent changed since then.. im assuming your on the 'old' 150 unlimited plan?

Was $120ish + modem + $10 for unlimited?

MIGHT Be worth looking at the newer plans.
WOULD mean a force over to the CNG3 modem (24 channel)..
But the new plan is $85/m INCLUDING the modem rental.  Unlimited is $25 ontop.. but still likely might be cheaper than current?

I've Been Here Awhile

It's close enough to the end of the day for me to report the issue is fixed.  Hope everyone else in (what seems to be) 'sauga is back to the reliable service we know and expect!

*edit*

i started a very simple test this morning when it seemed like the service was back to normal:  ping the wan gateway... ran for 8 hours, no lost packets

for comparison, the last few days it was dropping packets every 20-30 minutes, for 2-5 minutes.  

I Plan to Stick Around

Mine has been working all day today too! Obviously, there was a major issue, that now appears solved. I even changed my modem from those Cisco modems to the ones thst look like a spaceship. I prefer the Cisco.