Internet Connection Issues - 2017 experiences.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Internet Connection Issues - 2017 experiences.

@TCarneiro, I would call Customer Service and indicate that based on your problems and information arising from those problems, the Engineering staff has found a modem chipset issue that prevents you from utilizing your internet service for the intended purpose.  I would be asking for a a full credit and reduced rate going forward until the problem is fully resolved.  If you're thinking about switching ISPs as a result of this, but contract penalties prevent that, perhaps any penalties would be waived considering that you can't use the service for its intended purpose.  Don't know where that discussion might lead, but, you should be pressing the issue no matter what your intentions are in terms of remaining with Rogers or switching to another ISP. 

If there is any discussion on the fact that there is nothing on file (an assumption here) then you should direct the customer service rep to this thread. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Still waiting for the issue to be resolved =/
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@TCarneiro I understand how you feel. The issue Dave found seems to be a pretty critical issue but I'm not sure why we haven't heard of any progress as of late. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Bad Wire into my Condo

I have been experiencing an issue with my connection for the past 3 years. Rogers has swapped modems, changed wires and logged tickets.

I had one technician spend 3 hours and figured out that there 2 separate connections that run in to my unit from the TAP.

It appears why was very bad and had poor signal. He ended up using the second connection but it appears that it might be bad as well. My data stalls, websites take forever to load, downloads freeze. 

Spoke with 2 techs over the phone today 1 suggest I swap out the modem which I did and still experiencing the issue. Called back and the other one said she will send out a tech.

My question is if the wire coming in to my unit (condo building) then what options do I have? I don't see how they run a new wire to my unit?

Any one have experience with this? What does Rogers do? Am I SOL?

Someone help!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@lighter wrote:

Bad Wire into my Condo

I have been experiencing an issue with my connection for the past 3 years. Rogers has swapped modems, changed wires and logged tickets.

I had one technician spend 3 hours and figured out that there 2 separate connections that run in to my unit from the TAP.

It appears why was very bad and had poor signal. He ended up using the second connection but it appears that it might be bad as well. My data stalls, websites take forever to load, downloads freeze. 

Spoke with 2 techs over the phone today 1 suggest I swap out the modem which I did and still experiencing the issue. Called back and the other one said she will send out a tech.

My question is if the wire coming in to my unit (condo building) then what options do I have? I don't see how they run a new wire to my unit?

Any one have experience with this? What does Rogers do? Am I SOL?

Someone help!

@lighter

Send a PM to @CommunityHelps ask them to check the tech notes on the account, maybe they can get maintenance involved to replace the bad line. 

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@lighter  First post?  Note  PM = Private Message.  Go to your user ID at the top right and an chose the little envelope option to compose and send the private message to  @CommunityHelps as suggested by gp-se.

Good luck.

I've Been Here Awhile

@gp-se thank you, I will give that a shot after they visit on Monday and confirm if it is a bad wire (which I am certain it is).

I've Been Here Awhile

Just an update ...

One of the mods reached out and advised me to swap the modem. When I advised that I already had... I believe he* advised me to join the beta firmware for the COD modem. I advised I did not want to because I use my internet for work and I can't risk more issues.

He* advised that there has been a known issue with the COD (White Modem) having data stall issues and suggested switching back to the Rocket (CGN) modem.

Swapped back and can say no more issues what so ever... consistent download speed tested several times with the old modem it would happen every single time.

I disliked the CGN because of wifi issues but I'll take that over data stalls and random speed drops.

Thank you, everyone, for the help!

@lighter wrote:

Just an update ...

He* advised that there has been a known issue with the COD (White Modem) having data stall issues and suggested switching back to the Rocket (CGN) modem.

When Rogers Tech Staff know there is an issue such as this with a modem, where do they post it so clients know as well?  I also think Rogers got rid of their suggestion\idea area on this forum, so where do you make suggestions now?

@User14 wrote:

@lighter wrote:

Just an update ...

When Rogers Tech Staff know there is an issue such as this with a modem, where do they post it so clients know as well?  I also think Rogers got rid of their suggestion\idea area on this forum, so where do you make suggestions now?

It looks like the suggestion box still exists.  

Community-Questions-Suggestions

I'll go there with the suggestion to post known issues, like the modem problem somewhere prominently on this forum.