Internet Connection Issues - 2017 experiences.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Internet Connection Issues - 2017 experiences.

@TCarneiro Yeah, I completely understand your point. Many users have been having issues when watching live streams on Twitch, since they are also hosted on amazon servers. I myself, am still experiencing occasional periods of buffering which were not normally present at beginning of this year. 

It's good that you have found a temporary solution but my only explanation for this problem is that is could be caused by poor routing to the servers  that could have changed 2 weeks ago causing you to experience these poor download speeds. You can probably brief @RogersDave with the detail of the problem you are experiencing and clearly list the download links you are having slow downloads with and maybe he can investigate a little bit. 

Can you send me the links you are downloading from VIA PM? I can try to run a trace route for you and see if the routing is a problem.

I Plan to Stick Around

@RyzenFX just logged in Twitch and I can't stream or watch either.
Could you inform @RogersDave about this issue too? I feel if I message him directly he won't check due to the high volume of messages he might get on a daily basis.

I just sent you one link.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@TCarneiro I can watch streams fine, there are just some occasional buffering that occurs. I have sent you a reply to your private message from earlier. 

@RogersDave When trying to download a file from the same server that @TCarneiro accesses (the amazon servers), I can confirm that I am experiencing the same problem. The download starts off fine, but after a couple of seconds the download slows down to 0B/s and it does not recover (the download never finishes and is stuck). With the details @TCarneiro provided me, I can also let you know that  other studios who are on the Rogers network (and are trying to download off of the same server) are also experiencing the same issue. So, people on the Rogers network are only experiencing this issue. I have included pictures to show my progress with the issue below:

Download stuck at 0B/s:

rogers_help_1.png

Pingplotter to download server: 

rogers_help_2.png

I Plan to Stick Around

Please help us @RogersDave . No one else is helping. After 2 visits, 2 modems changed, I really don't know what else to do.
I Plan to Stick Around

pfSense and /56 IPV6

Yesterday morning around 2AM I lost my /56 I've had for a very long time (almost since when ipv6 /56 was out and on the coda) I've tried requesting it again to no avail. It throws me a /64 every time now. I've faked my MAC to see if it was an issue just with that allocation but the same issue. I've even tried requesting a /60 and still get the /64.  I've rebooted both the modem and pfsense to see if it would resolve it still no luck.

Anyone might have some insight on this? Also hoping @RogersDave can chime in as well.

Network Architect
Network Architect

This thread contains a lot of call for my help. I'm sorry, I didn't pay much attention here before today. I will see what I can do. I have to go through 6 pages of thread now so it will take some time.

In the meantime, @AOD999, can you retry to get a /56. I've talked to the DHCP engineers and they are monitoring transactions from your modem.

Network Architect
Network Architect

@TCarneiro wrote:
Please help us @RogersDave . No one else is helping. After 2 visits, 2 modems changed, I really don't know what else to do.

Hi @TCarneiro,

I'm now up to speed with this issue. Can you send me a PM with the links and I'll have a look. If other users are able to reproduce, it should be a fairly easy fix (maybe I shouldn't speak too fast) but I'll definitely look into it.

Dave

I Plan to Stick Around

Already messaged you,
Network Architect
Network Architect

@TCarneiro,

Thanks for you PM. I was able to test this on various networks and modems and have a pretty good idea of the why but don't have an easy solution for you. Based on the description, I thought it was a network issue but it seems to be a chipset issue in the modem, handling retransmissions in very large segments.

I've been able to reproduce this on various modems (other than Hitron) so this one will need to back to Intel for analysis and a fix.

I've opened a ticket with Hitron and with another modem manufacturer so they both push this one to Intel. 

Dave

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks @RogersDave

Is it possible to ask for a refund in the days I couldn't use it properly?