Internet Connection Issues - 2017 experiences.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Internet Connection Issues - 2017 experiences.

Hello @bryhal

Whats going on? Unfortunately you would need to let us know what's going on to try and help but ultimately you would need to contact Rogers tech support or @CommunityHelps and see what they can do.

Although we do have some excellent users here which can help! So what's going on?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Agreed.

Physical problem? Issue with the lines, in the house or out.. need to get a Tech out.
Something more down the line.. still often need a tech out to confirm, then can push to maintenance, etc.

Yes, if its back end, etc.. it needs to be fixed from there.. which does happen from time to time, with LARGE outages (whole towns, etc).  But generally most other things are usually a one offs.

As discussed with some neighbors recently.. I would love to see that ALL hardware is MONITORED from rogers side.. so they know when stuff goes down, could be more pro active.
But talking with some people.. the COSTS to do so, would be insanely huge.  Which we would end up paying for. 

I've Been Around

Is Rogers Internet down in Ottawa (Gloucester) right now?

Says dns is down. All devices offline. Rebooted modem twice.

Highlighted

Hi @tvall1977,

Welcome to the Community Forums! You've come to the right place for help. 

I'm hoping your issue has been resolved since your last post, but I did take a look I didn't see any issues last night in Gloucester. 

If you're still experiencing any loss of internet, please do let us know!  You can always send us a private message @CommunityHelps and we can access your account to run some diagnostics.

For more information on our private messaging system, check out our blog.

Kind regards,

RogersShaun

I Plan to Stick Around

No download from Amazon Servers

Not only I CAN'T stream.
But I can't download anything from amazon servers either. 
This is really frustrating.
The issue has been going on for 2 weeks.=_

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hi @TCarneiro, can you log into the modem interface by typing 192.168.0.1 on the top of the browser and then navigate to DOCSIS WAN and post your Downstream Overview and Upstream Overview stats please? This way we can be able to troubleshoot any radio frequency issues which can limiting you from streaming and downloading. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@RyzenFX I changed the modem 1 time already since I started having this issue. Here's the information.

screencapture-192-168-0-1-index-html-1500915919954.png

I Plan to Stick Around

@RyzenFX the image got deleted.
Here it is,.
http://i.imgur.com/K62rR1E.png

I've Been Here Awhile

intermittent internet

i'm having intermittent internet drops, tech says they can't do anything unless they're in diagnostics on my modem when it happens
here's the latest docsis

No. Time Type Priority Event

**Removed log due to MAC info** - RogersZia

I've Been Here Awhile

also note, that this has been happening gor 3+months and i've changed modems as well, i've also changed placement of my modem to directly where the cable comes in the house to no avail.
the internet drops on wifi and lan
Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats