Intermittent disconnects

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
augmentium
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Intermittent disconnects

I've been having the same problem for a few weeks now.  As there are 3 people working from home, it's become a big issue. I have 1GB down & 30up.   In M4K Toronto area.  Rogers said there were no issues on signal or in the neighbourhood.  The Hitron Coda 4582U modem is bridged to an Asus AC3100 router.  I've modified a bunch of settings on the router & checked the system logs when it goes out, but there's no consistency to the disconnects.  The router  & modem lights look normal & internet comes online in a couple of minutes or less.    I'm not sure what the solution is or how to find out if it is a Rogers problem.  I don't want to switch to Bell, but as I need to renew my plan in a month, this is something I'm considering.  It seems switching the modem might not work either.   I'd appreciate some ideas on how to tackle this with Rogers. TIA

ViRichmondHill
I Plan to Stick Around

Here is the list of my disconnects. I am in the Richmond Hill, ON area, Postal code: L4B

Jan 19: 10:49am (5min duration)

Jan 21: 1:29pm (5min)

Jan 24: 8:13pm (8min)

Jan 28: 12:46pm (8min)

Jan 28: 15:55pm (5min)

Feb 1: 7:23pm (5min)

Feb 2: 9:10am (5min)

Feb 2: 12:46pm (5min)

Anyone else have disconnects at the same time?

nomullies
I Plan to Stick Around

My problems at the very least occured on:

Jan 8, 11, 18, 19, 21, 25, 31, Feb 1 and many times today Feb 2. Two tech appointment and several calls later I am left with it's a "server side" issue and I'll get a text when it's fixed. Really? Ignite has been a disaster for us since moving over. Second Rogers modem and it's plugged directly into the wall. Three pods added. We have great difficulty working from home in this environment. Mississauga.

Any Rogers techs willing to help for real??

augmentium
I Plan to Stick Around

I had a disconnect at 12:48 pm today, in Greektown, Toronto.  Every day for the last few weeks.  Quick disconnect and connect.  It's maddening.

cenedro
I've Been Here Awhile

Yeah dude it’s horrible. Mine goes down several times a day and there is no issue from their end. They want me to pay to have a tech come if he finds everything fine on their end. I’ve put my modem back to gateway mode and plugged in only my one server that monitors the internet and notifies me when it drops with a brand new Ethernet cable and it still drops. I’ve eliminated as much as I possibly can. I honestly think I’m going to switch to Bell. I don’t know how else to get the issue resolved.
nomullies
I Plan to Stick Around

I looked at Bell and they had 50Mbps for five devices. No fiber optic to the house. A no go. Rogers gives me, theoretically, 1gb. But I understand the pods are 200mb max and in reality much less. Every working person in this household has at least a computer and cell phone. Some more than one of each with work and personal. The speed test on my wired computer will go beyond 900mb which is fine. But the drops are constant making it very difficult to work from home. Tech calls result in the same old: is modem plugged into the wall (a thousand times yes), reboot router, the problem is outside and will be fixed, ya da ya da. 

So where to go? All I want is a reliable connection. Is this too much to ask?

augmentium
I Plan to Stick Around

So spoke to tech yesterday evening. Of course they say nothing wrong. Said they’d monitor the signal for a few days. Got an email a few hours later saying they’ve fixed the problem. So much for monitoring the signal. This is a farce.
lethalsniper
I'm an Enthusiast

Same here ..was supposed to get a technician @ our building this morning and dosent even show up or call me or our superintendent to let us know .... no update nothing what a joke .. and yes I also get those text message !
ViRichmondHill
I Plan to Stick Around

Internet disconnects 1-3 times per day for about 5-8minutes

I live in Richmond Hill, ON, Postal code: L4B

I have rogers 1000Mbs internet that over the past few months gets daily connection loss for about 5-8 min.

I have a Hitron Code 4582U modem in bridge mode with an Asus RT-AX86U router.

My internet gets disconnected every day for 1-3 times that last about 5-8min.

For example, today, Feb 03 I had already disconnected at this time:

10:20am

1:30pm

1:56pm

Every time disconnection last about 5-8min and after that all goes back to normal.

I already did following:

- replace rogers modem.

- replaced router

- had Rogers technician come into my house and confirm that all signal levels perfect and all cables are OK

- called multiple times to rogers trying to solve the problem, but their reply is always the same - all looks good to them and they do not see any problems.

So I have daily internet problems and no solution yet from rogers.

Can please anyone help with ideas on how can I troubleshoot this?

PizzaBear
I Plan to Stick Around

I experienced about 5-8 minute outage Feb 3, around 3:10pm.