Intermittent disconnects - CODA-4582U

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
augmentium
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Intermittent disconnects - CODA-4582U

@Datalink

Thanks for your reply. Is there anything I can ask Rogers to do to improve the signals? Is my upstream ODFMA signal showing a problem?

Regarding ODFMA, is this an issue with the Ignite modems? If not, maybe Rogers isn’t dealing with it because they want us to move to Ignite. I’ve been getting pressure from them for a couple of years.
ansred
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah, I agree.

I got a new replacement modem and got a new IP address after it was registered.

Same issue same issue!

It's really frustrating.

Now they are saying there is a ticket open for 5 days of work to investigate!
Suoh
I've Been Around

I've been having intermittent disconnects throughout the day for a good 3 months now. Switched out everything including getting a new modem, stopped using my external router, and changed the ethernet cable as well as the coaxial cable.  I've called Rogers at least 15 times in the past two months and they keep saying they don't see any disconnects and anything wrong. I have no idea what to do right now about the situation and it's disgustingly annoying. 

ansred
I Plan to Stick Around

I have already two tickets open with them, and I did exactly the same you did. changed everything.

I think it's time to change ISP soon. 

giga1
I'm Here A Lot

some additional information: had 2 technicians at my house, both reported noise on the line, both opened internal Rogers tickets for other teams to inspect/fix lines. Both these tickets were closed because when measurements were done they found signals good. I guess some Rogers employees do not understand the meaning of "intermittent disconnects" 🙂
after another call with Rogers support, i insisted on trying something and they agreed to replace my cable modem. They will send me a replacement, same CODA-4582U model. will update how it's working after switch

ansred
I Plan to Stick Around

I am sorry, but it won't work and it won't change anything.

I did the same and got my replacement last week. Same issue

giga1
I'm Here A Lot

i expect not to help but Rogers has to eliminate all possibilities. if cable modem replacement doesn't help then lines upstream are the only possible suspect. will update after new modem is installed
MrJames
I Plan to Stick Around

@ansred 

Got the Gen2 Gateway Ignite modem today.

Ordered on Saturday. Shipped Sunday. Arrived in Ottawa noon Monday.

ansred
I Plan to Stick Around

Is it the same modem model? CODA-4582U?
giga1
I'm Here A Lot

i got my replacement CODA-4582U installed (same model)

issue is NOT fixed, just got a 7 min outage starting at 11:36 AM EST

what's really interesting is that at outage time, on my work laptop i was having a Teams call (with Screen Sharing) and this continued uninterrupted. Cisco VPN client (in the background) disconnected and was trying to reconnect.

from my personal computer, i logged as cusadmin into cable modem web-interface and tried to ping Google DNS server 8.8.8.8. Result: 100% packet loss

But my Teams call continues uninterrupted, Teams chat was not working!!!

My conclusion:
UDP traffic  (used by Teams calls) is NOT impacted by these outages
ICMP (pings) and TCP traffic (including Teams chat) stops

will call Rogers support and see what's next