Intermittent Disconnections

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Intermittent Disconnections

It may be a while before they come out to do the burry, just because of its having to go across the driveways. (its more work)

They actually get out, a hole boaring machine.. which does a pipe under the ground of the driveways, across to your property.

Just keep an eye on the line, that is stays suspended in the air and not hanging too low, that a vehicle might clip it.

I Plan to Stick Around

Well its been 2 hours so far, and 0 disconnects. It may be too soon, but it seems like this did the job!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Keep an eye on it.. but HOPEFULLY thats it.

Many people often come and freak out, that X, Y or Z is not working.. they havent changed anything..

Without having a tech out, etc. 

Often the INFRASTRUCTURE there.. can be VERY old.. stuff breaks down over time.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Everyone,

For the past week or so, I've noticed that I have intermittent connectivity problems. When I first go to a page, it times out, but it works when I reload. I've tried multiple browsers and computers with no luck. I even tried different DNS servers. Today, I dug a bit deeper and I noticed the problem seems to be an index.js file being loaded from 64.71.255.194. Some quick googling revealed that this is a Rogers IP address that supposedly performs content injection. 

Could anyone help me to resolve this problem?

Please let me know if I can provide any additional details.

Thank you.

-Jason

I Plan to Stick Around

here are my downstream/upstream details:

Downstream Channels    

Power Level: Signal to Noise Ratio:
Channel 1: 1.0 dBmV 41.2 dB
Channel 2: 1.1 dBmV 41.4 dB
Channel 3: 1.3 dBmV 41.4 dB
Channel 4: 1.1 dBmV 41.0 dB
Channel 5: 0.9 dBmV 41.0 dB
Channel 6: 1.2 dBmV 41.1 dB
Channel 7: 1.4 dBmV 41.4 dB
Channel 8: 1.4 dBmV 40.9 dB

Upstream Channels    

Power Level:
Channel 1: 51.0 dBmV
Channel 2: 51.0 dBmV
Channel 3: 51.0 dBmV
Channel 4: 0.0 dBmV

I thought they were more or less in the good, but not ideal range, but I would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks!

-Jason

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hello @jjasonf

Sorry to hear about the intermittent connectivity issues. I haven't heard of such a case related to that IP and Content Injection. You have mentioned that his has only been happening in the last week. Have you made any changes to your network setup?

I would suggest following some troubleshooting procedures such as posting your signal results.

Possibly our resident experts @Gdkitty and @Datalink can provide some more information

RogersAsif

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Call tech support and have the CSR run a signal check on the modem and the node, which is the next upstream device.  Your downstream signal levels are good as are your signal to noise ratios.  The upstream are at the upper limit which is 51 dBmV.  They are normally in the 36 to 40 dBmV range.  You have some type of external cable or connector problem on the go and most likely the modem will lose one channel soon in order to keep communicating with the node.  The power limit is three upstream channels at 51 dBmV.  If the modem and Cable Modem Termination System (CMTS) determine that the modem output power has to go beyond 51 dBmV with three channels running, the result will be to drop one channel as the modem has a power output envelope that it operates in.  If your modem gets down to dual or single channel operation, it will be operating in a degraded mode, keeping in contact with the CMTS.  The outcome of the discussion will most likely be a tech visit to inspect and probably replace the external cable and connectors. 

As far as the slow loading, the upstream issue could definitely be in part or wholly responsible. It wouldn't surprise me.  Once the tech comes in and gets the cable signal levels back to where they should be, we'll know what the outcome is.  The other quick thought that comes to mind is to use adblockers to block any potential content injection.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Datalink,

Thank you very much for your help.

I have an appointment with a technician.

Thanks again!

-Jason

I Plan to Stick Around

The technician went over every bit of my connection, so I know it's nothing from the neighbourhood box to the cable modem, but the problem persists. I really think it's the content injection. This problem doesn't happen over https and I am still getting timeouts from 64.71.255.194. Plus, the timing would match when I started approaching my usage limit. Is there any way to disable it? Or does anyone have any other suggestions?

-Jason

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hi @jjasonf

You can disable to the notifications by visiting this site here.

Let us know if it makes a difference. Feel free to chime in with any other suggestions @Datalink

RogersAsif