Intermittent Disconnections

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Intermittent Disconnections

****Update****

Looks like other issues have crept up after switching to the DPC3825. I'm unsure whether this is a backend issue but all HTTP/HTTPS/FTP/FTPS downloads seem to be struggling. I am lucky to break the 1 MB/s mark. Interestingly enough, all websites and streaming services seem to be working perfectly without any slowdowns.

Speedtests from Rogers/Speedtest.net/DSLReports are reporting the correct speeds (approx. 135/11 mbps) and attempting to download a game on Steam results in downloads at around 13 MB/s. 

I'll attempt to do some more testing and monitoring over the next couple of days to see if there is any change. Has anyone else encountered such issues? I would assume if there was an issue with the local node, I would see slowdowns throughout the entire spectrum. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

**** Latest Update ****

FTP/HTTP downloads continue to run terribly slow reaching as low as 500 KBps currently. Still no issues with streaming or downloads over Steam.

I ended up calling Tech Support only to have the representative completely ignore the issue I was bringing up and respond by telling me that the WiFi channels are clogging up and causing the slow tranfers. The only way I could get the representative to go ahead was by telling them that I am connected via LAN and the router is disabled. 

The representative then accessed the modem and said that the slow speeds are a provisioning issue and it will be resolved, however, I highly doubt that is the case as well as I would suspect I would be noticing issues with overall internet usage.

Is there anything else I can attempt? At this point, I'm debating switching back to the CGN3ACSMR and putting up with the intermittent reboots but at least have consistent speeds. 

I Plan to Stick Around

The problem with connection attempts to 64.71.255.194 has returned.  I've tried blocking this IP through the firewall, but I've had no success.  (I think the problem might be at least partly because  I don't have Java or Flash installed anywhere.)   I was receiving an email notification when I exceeded my bandwidth allotment, but a few months ago I opted out of that.  Is there a way to "opt in" to that email notification again?  Perhaps that way I can acknowledge the overage and not have to deal with the 64.71.255.194 attempts.