Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel / Arris Puma 6 (Hitron CGN3XXX) progress

Datalink
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Good Day Ladies and Gentlemen,

Posted on the DSLReports site at 2:28 pm Mon 20 Feb, is the following post from Netdog, an Arris engineer:

Re: SB6190 Puma6 TCP/UDP Network Latency Issue Discussion

Ok I have a new engineering build with some TCP/UDP fixes in it.. I have asked for a early release so that people that asked to be on the beta testing could get it.. I have also asked Comcast to push this out to the beta testers as soon as they can.. ARRIS is in the process of testing this first release..

Here is an official ARRIS statement to this ongoing issue:
"Thank you for your ongoing feedback; your input has been valuable in helping characterize the impact of the issue. As you know, a beta patch was previously distributed in the field for testing and to address the ping issue. Some of you have already received that. Going forward, this patch will be bundled with the TCP/UDP patch for a combined update and official code release. As you would expect, the TCP/UDP issue has been more challenging to develop a patch for. The good news is that Intel has now developed and issued a proposed firmware fix for the TCP/UDP issue; ARRIS is testing the latest firmware update and will roll it out to service providers as soon as testing is complete. "

Combined with a previous announcement a couple of weeks ago, the current status looks something like this:

IPV4    IPV6
ICMP      fixed     fixed
TCP           ?           ?
UDP          ?           ?

A previous post indicated that IPV6 ICMP was fixed but, I have yet to see any pingplots which specifically show this has been resolved for IPV6.  Note todays wording " with some TCP/UDP fixes in it."  Unfortunately there are no specifics to indicate if this latest firmware version resolves the issue for TCP and UDP for both IPV4 and IPV6, ergo my question marks in the table.  The ISPs distributing this version will either have to make the details known, or the end users will have to figure it out for themselves, again 😞

The firmware changes should probably cover all of the Hitron CGN3xxxx series and CGNM-3552 modems.

***Added labels***
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Intel / Arris Puma 6 (Hitron CGN3XXX) progress

RogersZia

Hi @Datalink,

Thank you for sharing your findings with us. Your insights are always valuable to the Community :).

RogersZia

lethalsniper
I'm an enthusiast
What about the coda is there a firmware fix for the udp

Its on the list from what I understand.  Don't know anything beyond that.

JohnBeaudin
I'm a senior contributor

The Coda 4583 also inherited the UDP issue from the CG3 series, hopefully a fix is in the work for the CODA as well.

Maybe @RogersDave can confirm?

lethalsniper
I'm an enthusiast
What's the update on this when is this firmware supposed to be released?
Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation