Instagram feed not loading over Wi-fi

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Instagram feed not loading over Wi-fi

Not from your end.  You can call tech support to generate a work order or send a pm to @CommunityHelps.

I Plan to Stick Around

just to let you know updating firmware to 2.0.10.33T03 didn't solve the problem.

I've Been Here Awhile

March 24th I noticed the same problem. I thought I got hacked on IG.  I guess not the case.  If I use the home wifi on my computer or phone I can't access IG.  If I turn wifi off and go LTE no problem connecting.  I assume original poster and I have 2 different setups. And everything seemed to work just fine on Thursday and Friday.

Hello,

@Adibaba - We can look into your modem settings to make sure only the IPv4 is enabled, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

@Puddin74 - Thank you for joining the forums and this discussion. Is the issue still happening when you are connected to your home WiFi connection? Keep us posted.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

this I tried before, even with IPV4 only it doesn't make any difference.

I posted before that the isssue has nothign to do with IPV6 being enabled.

Can I trade back this modem with the previous model I had?

Product Manager
Product Manager

Hi @Adibaba

Can you provide additional info on the issue...

My understanding is that you experienced issue when running the 2.0.10.28T2 firmware and issue has continued to occur after the upgrade to 2.0.10.33T03.

If you would be up for it I have a test firmware from our vendor that was provided to test out a few future updates that I would be interested to know if it resolves this issue... 

I am also taking this back to have it re-tested and would appreciate any information you can share about your setup

Are you using an IOS or Android device/

What version?

Have you tried Instagram on a computer instead of a mobile device?

To clarify... you can login but the feed will not load?

Thank you,

RogersSergio

I Plan to Stick Around

Issue only exists on iOS 11.x with both iPhone and iPadPro (tested on 4 devices), Also I tested with old iPadMini and iOS 9 there's no issue, the same with macOS video playback is fine.

The issue is, When I browse videos, after playing few seconds, playback stopes and it starts showing Loding icon and playback resumes after a while and stopes again and again, very annoying.

I've Been Here Awhile

I use my home Wifi all of Saturday and Sunday with no luck being able to connect to IG (everything else works just fine, all sites and apps) but like I said, if I turn the Wifi off and go with my LTE through my cell provider who is not rogers, everything including IG works fine.  So I went to work and tested using their Wifi, no issue on my phone or computer to get to IG. Work obviously doesn't use rogers as a provider.  Now Monday after posting this issue on the weekend, my IG is back to normal through Wifi at home on my computer and Phone.  (I didn't change or reboot anything)

I can't say one way or another of what the problem was. Either rogers testing new filtering software to see if they can block the end user of different access.  Or a fluke that was isolated to one specific site/app through my Wifi that it randomly decided to block then unblock by itself.

Either way everything is back to normal.

I've Been Around

I had the same problem where Instagram and Facebook would not load pictures or videos on an iphone X through my Rogers home wifi, though worked fine on desktops, both wired and on wifi.

Turns out that the culprit was an app called "My Data Manager" which tracks data usage on wifi and on cell network.  That app asks to use VPN to do its tracking.  Once that app was deleted, the problem was gone. 

Hope this helps someone else with the same problem!

I've Been Here Awhile

I am also having this same issue with my iPhone. I connect to two different homes with Rogers wifi and same issue. Works fine when connected to cell data and wifi outside Rogers.

Call tech suppporr they don’t know what to do.
What's New
UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega Live
LIVE: Saturday December 8, 2018 10PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of Dec 6 at 4pm ET.
UFC 231: Countdown Promo

UFC returns to Toronto on December 8th with a championship double-header as undisputed featherweight champion Max Holloway defends his title against unbeaten Brian Ortega. Also, a new UFC women's flyweight champion will be crowned when Valentina Shevchenko takes on former strawweight queen Joanna Jedrzejczyk for the vacant title. Saturday, December 8, live on Sportsnet Pay-Per-View from Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Canada.

Topic Stats
  • 32 replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 13 in conversation