Increase upload speed?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Increase upload speed?

I currently have the Ignite 1 Gbps plan with 30Mbps upload speed. In actual use that 30Mbps upload speed turns out to be about 20Mbps.  Nonetheless, whether 30Mbps or 20 Mbps, these are dinosaur speeds -- far too slow by orders of magnitude.  I cannot reasonably perform a cloud backup or sync drives in the cloud, etc.  Is there any way to get Rogers to increase my speed?  If not, I'm off to Bell where I can get fiber to the home with a maximum upload (yes upload) speed of 940Mbps.

I'm a Regular

No idea why you’re messing around with coax cable if you can get fibre right to your home. If I were you, I would’ve left for Bell a long time ago!
I Plan to Stick Around

I guess I'm off to Bell. When I signed up with Rogers, I never really thought about the upload speeds. I recently decided to put everything in the cloud and discovered just how important those upload speeds are.
I'm a Regular

It’s not just about upload speed. Fibre is superior to coax in every way. Fibre has no line noise, virtually no attenuation, has extremely low latency, and can achieve higher speeds (download and upload) far more easily and with less maintenance than coax. Of course if upload speed is really important to you, the choice should be even easier 🙂 Just try to get a good deal from Bell.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Definitely direct fiber is the best way to go, if you have it as an option.

Unfortunately, for a very large number of people, they do not have access to direct fiber 😞

Every person needs to see what is available in their area, and go with the best option.

(me for example.  up to 1g rogers service.. or 5mbps DSL.  Tough choice)

I'm a Regular

Agreed. Comparing technologies, Rogers is the better option over Bell vdsl, but Bell fibre to the home is better than Rogers. I’m the same position. I can only get a fraction of the speed from Bell that I currently get with Rogers because I don’t have FTTH as an option in my neighbourhood.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

For now it's obvious that Bell FTTH is miles ahead of coax, Rogers is the better alternative against DSL we know that.

But in 5-10 years Bell's Fibre footprint will be almost Canada wide, and Rogers has to prepare for that, coax won't win that battle.The only reason they're doing so well is because Bell is not expanding fast enough.

I've Been Around

I see Zoom and Join.me ads with people in conference calls communicating. -- just a dream for me!!!! 

Held a webinar today using rogers.  OMIGOD!! upload speeds were up to 6 mps  but averaged around .1

Download speeds were 160 mps but I needed to upload and every few minutes I was disconnected from the video conference.  it was

pathetic and unprofessional.

I hate Rogers

Highlighted

Hey @janhanson!

Welcome to the community!

Hate's a strong word :(, but given your experience I appreciate the strong feelings! We'll be happy to help identify what's going on. Just a few things to get started:

Does the intermittent upload speed occur consistently? Or only at specific times of the day? 
Is this occurring with both a wired or a wireless connection?
Are you able to post a screenshot of your modem's signal levels? This is view-able by logging into your modem.

Given that RF level issues are the most common cause of performance variance we'll want to rule that out first if the issue is rooted deeper.

@RogersAndy