Improving WIFI speeds on CGNM-3552 using 2.4 Ghz Band

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: Improving WIFI speeds on CGNM-3552 using 2.4 Ghz Band

@lethalsniper

Unfortunately, all of the hitron modems are not very good when it comes to wifi. Me thinks that rogers got stuck in a contract with hitron and cannot get out of it. Otherwise, they would still be using ARRIS / Motorola modems. Only solution is get your own router, disconnect the gateway, and use the hitron as a modem only device.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

That is what I have been thinking, too, is to pick up a high quality router and just set the modem in bridge mode - I did a quick search on Google, and there is no shortage of reported issues of slow WI FI with the Hitron modems.

I would tend to agree with the suggestion that Rogers got into a deal with the modems, and now they are stuck with them, so we then go through firmware change after firmware change, while attempts to layer some new functionality and administrator option screens.

As with other technology, we are in taxiing mode again.

Bruce

Highlighted
I've Been Around

We have recently switched to rogers and are having a bunch of issues with the Wi Fi with the Hitron CGNM-3352 router. We were on bell before with the Home Hub router and the reception on wifi was much better. Unless I am hardwired, the wireless speed comes nowhere near hardwired. I am on the Ignite 500 plan. Wired up I can get 350-400 but on wireless I struggle to get over 60. The range seems worse as well and when i am farther away i struggle to get 30. I tried 5g and the 2g with similar results. I was under the impression that this router had a ac mode (5g and 2g bands as one) but I don't see that anywhere in the settings. I chaged the 5g settings to ac only, which seems to help slightly, but my speeds are still not much higher. I would appreciate any help

Thanks

Highlighted
I've Been Around

this is the second modem that I've replaced. I'm not satisfied am still having major problems with the 2.4 gig wi-Fi speed I have called technical support over 15 times and still was not resolved. there are two major complaints the new modem with Internet 1000 and also what the home monitoring system I'm receiving on the average over 400 emails on one of the cameras that tell me once some he enters a house per day they keep telling me that they will fix this and my Wi-Fi is the worst it's ever been