Important email has suddenly started going to my spam folder. How do I change the filtering settings

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Important email has suddenly started going to my spam folder. How do I change the filtering settings

Important email has suddenly started going to my spam folder. How do I change the filtering settings?

I have looked all through the Yahoo options and can't find anything. Rogers site doesn't offer anything.

I am on a iMac using Mail.

This just started about 4 weeks ago... has Rogers tightened their spam settings??

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Important email has suddenly started going to my spam folder. How do I change the filtering sett

Welcome to the Community @janicevaneck1

To access your Filter settings

1. Click the "gear icon" in the top right corner when logged into Rogers Yahoo Webmail
  2. Select "Settings"
  3. Select "Filters"

Can you confirm when logged into Rogers Yahoo Webmail if the mail is in spam folder there as well? Please select "not spam" if so.

@Gdkitty any other tips?

RogersAsif

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Important email has suddenly started going to my spam folder. How do I change the filtering sett

Welcome to the Community @janicevaneck1

To access your Filter settings

1. Click the "gear icon" in the top right corner when logged into Rogers Yahoo Webmail
  2. Select "Settings"
  3. Select "Filters"

Can you confirm when logged into Rogers Yahoo Webmail if the mail is in spam folder there as well? Please select "not spam" if so.

@Gdkitty any other tips?

RogersAsif

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, i guess that is the question.

Is it getting stuck in the rogers/yahoo spam filter on the webmail/server side.. and never getting to the MAIL app on the Mac?
If its getting to the MAC, it may be filtering it there.

Otherwise, its filtering beforehand.
Could be Yahoo added extra algorithms to help battle spam, but could be in the end blocking this one as well.

Make sure to go into the webmail, and in the spam folder on those, dont just move them.
Make sure to right click and select NOT SPAM.  This will help it learn that its not spam.
One thing as well, is make sure that you put any/all email addresses in it, into your address book, this will help WHITELIST it.

If its something that the TOPIC is consistant  (Say, always starts with "REPORT - " or something..), you can set up filters to force it to a particular location.