cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite tv keeps going off

Arrrrh
I've been here awhile

Ignite tv and internet keeps going off in Woodstock my gateway router is flashing when this happens. Sometimes  I can get a lock if I depower the router. On the tv we get an error message that the tv has lost connection to the gateway router. At times it goes off for 5 minutes and then reconnects on its own. Is there a problem with a shortage of ip addresses or something with a UBR in Woodstock. Anyone else seeing this?

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite tv keeps going off

Arrrrh
I've been here awhile

Today July 1 service is stable, during the last week I was losing connection every time I used iPad with safari. I would get message that I was not connected to internet if I waited connection would return sometimes within minutes. For longer durations I would depower the gateway. I am direct connect via gateway wifi. The ignite tv would fail at the same time as internet. I would get an error message. I tied system restarts which worked sometimes. If it did not comeback I would depower the gateway. In watching tv usually mid afternoon to early evening it was the worst and then stabilized by about 8 pm. Location is in centre of home cables are new. A neighbour 2 doors away is having similar problems with internet and cats.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

RogersJermaine

Hi @Arrrrh,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your post

That can be quite the challenge dealing with constant disconnects.

Currently are you still experiencing interruptions or is the connection more stable? 
How often were you noticing the connection drop? 
Do you need to reboot the Gateway to get the connection back online or does it come back on its own all the time? 
Were there any changes with the location of the Gateway or the cables provided?

Once we have more details, we'll be better equipped to assist you. 

Thank you
RogersJermaine

Arrrrh
I've been here awhile

Today July 1 service is stable, during the last week I was losing connection every time I used iPad with safari. I would get message that I was not connected to internet if I waited connection would return sometimes within minutes. For longer durations I would depower the gateway. I am direct connect via gateway wifi. The ignite tv would fail at the same time as internet. I would get an error message. I tied system restarts which worked sometimes. If it did not comeback I would depower the gateway. In watching tv usually mid afternoon to early evening it was the worst and then stabilized by about 8 pm. Location is in centre of home cables are new. A neighbour 2 doors away is having similar problems with internet and cats.

Good Evening @Arrrrh,

I am glad to hear that your connection is currently stable and do appreciate the information you have provided with the troubleshooting steps completed. If you do continue to experience issues with the connection, please feel free to connect with us again. 

Thank you
RogersJermaine

JB5827
I've been around
I live 30 min East of Ottawa. I have been without Rogers Ignite TV and very poor internet signal since June 26. Spoke to them 6 times since then attempting to find out what the hold up is and I keep being told that there is an area problem and they are working on it. Because of it they won’t send a technician. My neighbours, Ho are with Rogers but not Ignite, are ok.
Unplugged/rebooted/refreshed many times. TV worked a total of about 9 days in those 2 months - only about 3 days at a time, with weeks in between. Time to move on?

Greetings @JB5827!

If there's an issue in the area, I can at least seek out an update for you.

Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

ramjetejmar
I'm here a lot

Ignite TV keeps going off. That is the topic and that is my issue. This has been going on most of the Summer and the only way of getting back the TV is to re-booth the PVR. Also, is seems like the router/gateway is running a little hot. There appears to be no rhyme or reason for the TV to go off. We turn it on, it comes on. We're watching something and without warning, it goes off. Nothing else is being used to interfere while we're watching the TV. This usually happens mostly in mid to late afternoon and a few times in the evenings. It is getting very annoying and I have a good mind to get rid of this annoyance. From what I have read in this blog, I can add that I also live in the East end of Ottawa (Pineview) and no, I don't need to re-booth my gateway/router to get the TV back. I simply unplug the PVR, wait a few seconds and plug it back in. Most of the time it works but often, it goes off again a while later and I have to do the same thing again. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

There's two options here, either this is a network issue, or its a tv box issue.  This reminds me of what happens when the heat sink attached to a high power component isn't attached properly and as a result that high power component overheats and causes an unpredictable unit failure.  The solution in this case would be to swap the box.  Do you happen to have another box that you can swap into that location?  

If you swap the box and you still have failures, that points to a wifi issue or a network issue further upstream.  How is the box connected to the modem, via wifi or via ethernet?

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 in conversation