cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite tv keeps going off

Arrrrh
I've Been Here Awhile

Ignite tv and internet keeps going off in Woodstock my gateway router is flashing when this happens. Sometimes  I can get a lock if I depower the router. On the tv we get an error message that the tv has lost connection to the gateway router. At times it goes off for 5 minutes and then reconnects on its own. Is there a problem with a shortage of ip addresses or something with a UBR in Woodstock. Anyone else seeing this?

*** Edited Labels ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ignite tv keeps going off

Arrrrh
I've Been Here Awhile

Today July 1 service is stable, during the last week I was losing connection every time I used iPad with safari. I would get message that I was not connected to internet if I waited connection would return sometimes within minutes. For longer durations I would depower the gateway. I am direct connect via gateway wifi. The ignite tv would fail at the same time as internet. I would get an error message. I tied system restarts which worked sometimes. If it did not comeback I would depower the gateway. In watching tv usually mid afternoon to early evening it was the worst and then stabilized by about 8 pm. Location is in centre of home cables are new. A neighbour 2 doors away is having similar problems with internet and cats.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RogersJermaine

Hi @Arrrrh,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and thank you for your post

That can be quite the challenge dealing with constant disconnects.

Currently are you still experiencing interruptions or is the connection more stable? 
How often were you noticing the connection drop? 
Do you need to reboot the Gateway to get the connection back online or does it come back on its own all the time? 
Were there any changes with the location of the Gateway or the cables provided?

Once we have more details, we'll be better equipped to assist you. 

Thank you
RogersJermaine

Arrrrh
I've Been Here Awhile

Today July 1 service is stable, during the last week I was losing connection every time I used iPad with safari. I would get message that I was not connected to internet if I waited connection would return sometimes within minutes. For longer durations I would depower the gateway. I am direct connect via gateway wifi. The ignite tv would fail at the same time as internet. I would get an error message. I tied system restarts which worked sometimes. If it did not comeback I would depower the gateway. In watching tv usually mid afternoon to early evening it was the worst and then stabilized by about 8 pm. Location is in centre of home cables are new. A neighbour 2 doors away is having similar problems with internet and cats.

Good Evening @Arrrrh,

I am glad to hear that your connection is currently stable and do appreciate the information you have provided with the troubleshooting steps completed. If you do continue to experience issues with the connection, please feel free to connect with us again. 

Thank you
RogersJermaine

Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation