cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite streaming boxes and splitters

AV_Fan
I plan to stick around

Has anyone tried using HDMI splitters on Ignite TV boxes?

I have two TVs in the same room that can benefit from this if it works.

*** Edited Labels ***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Ignite streaming boxes and splitters

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I believe that this will work based on feedback on this forum, however the splitter needs to be active (powered), not passive and needs to have the specs to handle whatever signal you plan to send and HDMI version.  Probably best to get one with the best specs possible.

Obviously the same signal will be sent to both TVs, which makes the usefulness rather limited.  I would think it more useful to use a computer with HDMI output, or a tablet or phone with a Chromecast device on one TV.  In that way you could get different signals to the two TVs.

AV_Fan
I plan to stick around
Only one TV will be active at any given time so a splitter would be easier than swapping cables but chrome cast is another great option.

Thanks for your help.

DD622
I've been here awhile
Did you find a solution? An hdmi splitter does not seem to work on ignite boxes. I tried splitting the signal after the ignite box and before the TV but no success. Also tried multiple splitters. My splittersbwere good as they worked fine off of a computer and Xbox.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Check out my reply in the following recent thread:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Ignite-splitter/m-p/518065/highlight/true#M18291

The fact that something works from one device may not help with another since the signal may be different, both in strength and quality.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 in conversation