Ignite gigabit with Eero wall to wall wifi giving me slow speeds???

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Ignite gigabit with Eero wall to wall wifi giving me slow speeds???

Just recently signed up for rogers ignite bundle and got the gigabit internet. When the technician arrived he recommended wall to wall wifi by eero because he said my house is big and I would need it for stable internet. He installed the eero which is costing me an additional $10 per month with each additional hub installed around my house costing $4 each per month. He installed 3 hubs in total. I noticed that through speedtests, on my devices using wifi im only averaging about 40 mb/s down and 30 mb/s up. On my wired devices I'm getting 160 mb/s down and only 8 up which makes no sense. I feel like the speeds were better when I had the 150 mb/s internet package with Rogers. I'm scared to disable eero and try speeds with the gigabit modem itself as I might mess it up. I will call for a technician but was wondering if anyone else knows whats up.

***Added Labels***
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite gigabit with Eero wall to wall wifi giving me slow speeds???

When testing wired, is it through the wired port on the Eero? or the wired port on the modem itself.

If your only getting 160, it would more say that its directly a modem issue, and not the Eero.

(eg, Wired to the modem, on the 500mbps plan, i pull pretty much that.. wireless through my error can pull anywhere up to 400odd)

Getting 160.. sounds almost like your plan never changed..

What's New
UFC 231: Holloway vs. Ortega Live
LIVE: Saturday December 8, 2018 10PM ET
Countdown: 9:30 PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $64.99 (HD) | $59.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $64.99
Ignite TV customers can order now!
DTV Customers can order as of Dec 6 at 4pm ET.
UFC 231: Countdown Promo

UFC returns to Toronto on December 8th with a championship double-header as undisputed featherweight champion Max Holloway defends his title against unbeaten Brian Ortega. Also, a new UFC women's flyweight champion will be crowned when Valentina Shevchenko takes on former strawweight queen Joanna Jedrzejczyk for the vacant title. Saturday, December 8, live on Sportsnet Pay-Per-View from Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Canada.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation