Ignite WiFi Gateway Modem XB7 (Gen 2)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mrcanada1968
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Ignite WiFi Gateway Modem XB7 (Gen 2)

I have 1GB/s service and upgraded to the XB7 mainly due to the fan noise of the XB6. The XB7 is silent in comparison and I have found the Wi-Fi range and speed is also superior. Theoretically you may say this shouldn’t be possible, but this has been my real-world experience. I had “dead-zones” on the 2nd floor of my house that no longer exist and I am consistently getting around 230Mbps d/l and 32Mbps u/l  on the 1st floor. Unfortunately, my gateway modem needs to be placed in a corner room of my basement.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Mrcanada1968  There are a lot of factors that come into play that affect Wi-Fi performance.  I would also recommend the XB7 if you can get it.  However, if your network is performing poorly, regardless of which gateway you have, you need to determine why and take prescriptive actions to fix the problem.

Mrcanada1968
I Plan to Stick Around

Agreed!

In no way was I saying that the XB7 is a cure-all.
Just reporting that although I didn’t have any major issues with my XB6, the XB7 has performed much better (and quieter) for me.