Ignite TV Modem/Router with Asus Router

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Ignite TV Modem/Router with Asus Router

Any one uses ASUS Ai Mesh system with Rogers Ignite TV modem?

Are you set Rogers Modem to Bridge Mode OR just turn off the wifi from Rogers modem?

*Added Labels*

Highlighted

Re: Ignite TV Modem/Router with Asus Router

Hello, @seadooxp30.

Are you looking the feedback particularly for Asus AiMesh or any mesh network? Most of the Ignite TV users may be using eero. 

Community - please share your mesh network configuration. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersMoin wrote:

Hello, @seadooxp30.

Are you looking the feedback particularly for Asus AiMesh or any mesh network? Most of the Ignite TV users may be using eero. 

Community - please share your mesh network configuration. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Hi,

Yes I'm looking the feedback particularly for Asus AiMesh.

I know Rogers doesn't support it buy I have invested in this setup and was working perfectly before moving to Ignite TV.

Just wondering if anyone using same setup and how they have theirs setup.

I Plan to Stick Around

While I am not using aimesh I was using 2 ASUS routers with one hardwired as an AP for about 6 months.  You should be able to bridge the rogers gateway without issue.  I wouldn't think you'd need to change anything in your ASUS setup for it to work.   Just make sure your ignite TV receivers are attached to your ASUS wireless network Smiley Wink.

I would enable ipv6 on the ASUS as well if you haven't already.

I have since switched to using the Rogers gateway as I was getting short audio drops at times but I am still getting those but they seem to be less frequent (maybe) . . . I may eventually switch back.

I Plan to Stick Around

@kibosh wrote:

While I am not using aimesh I was using 2 ASUS routers with one hardwired as an AP for about 6 months.  You should be able to bridge the rogers gateway without issue.  I wouldn't think you'd need to change anything in your ASUS setup for it to work.   Just make sure your ignite TV receivers are attached to your ASUS wireless network Smiley Wink.

I would enable ipv6 on the ASUS as well if you haven't already.

I have since switched to using the Rogers gateway as I was getting short audio drops at times but I am still getting those but they seem to be less frequent (maybe) . . . I may eventually switch back.

Thank you kibosh.

I like to set mine as bridge mode but I know if I do that and need to call Rogers for any issue, first thing they say is take it out of bridge mode.

I don't care about setting TV boxes with wireless. I have cat 6 to every TV so its all good.

I just don't like having two router on the network.

Will bridge the Rogers for few days to see if there is any side effects.

Fingers crossed :-)

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation