Ignite TV Micro Disconnects

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 121

Re: Ignite TV Micro Disconnects


@seadooxp30 wrote:
Will log in tonight and check the signal
Didn’t see any issue at the time with internet ...

so far no micro disconnect tonight.....

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 121

Re: Ignite TV Micro Disconnects


@bhoward57 wrote:

Been almost 3 days since the senior tech was over .... not one drop since ... Yay!!!! Appears to be solved.

 

Thanks for the help and suggestions to getting this solved.


Any idea what the tech did to fix it?

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 15

Re: Ignite TV Micro Disconnects

The tech changed the connector that connected the external and internal wires. He also moved the ground from somewhere behind the electrical panel to the house's cold water intake. The connector and ground wire attached to it were very old ... in fact he said they no longer use that type and was probably 20+ years old..

 

Our disconnects dropped the entire system including internet, phone and TV for 30 seconds ... not just TV.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Posts: 13,678

Re: Ignite TV Micro Disconnects

Just like with the old system.. EVERYTHING is signal related.

If the new system is installed.. and there is BAD signal.. then the internet will be potentially bad and drop.. which would effect everything.

 

These are things that the techs SHOULD be checking before they set anything else up..
But it sounds like a lot of them are not.

 



I'm a Senior Advisor
Posts: 939

Re: Ignite TV Micro Disconnects

So why are people still being charged the $150? I can get a random tech visit for free on traditional cable.

I Plan to Stick Around
Posts: 121

Re: Ignite TV Micro Disconnects


@Gdkitty wrote:

Just like with the old system.. EVERYTHING is signal related.

If the new system is installed.. and there is BAD signal.. then the internet will be potentially bad and drop.. which would effect everything.

 

These are things that the techs SHOULD be checking before they set anything else up..
But it sounds like a lot of them are not.

 


Agree but my case is different.

my line from outside is not that old and have new connections inside and outside.

since my issue is some days only and i’m On gigabit, must be something on ROGERS end at the office and ignite server.

 

 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Posts: 13,678

Re: Ignite TV Micro Disconnects


@seadooxp30 wrote:

@Gdkitty wrote:

Just like with the old system.. EVERYTHING is signal related.

If the new system is installed.. and there is BAD signal.. then the internet will be potentially bad and drop.. which would effect everything.

 

These are things that the techs SHOULD be checking before they set anything else up..
But it sounds like a lot of them are not.

 


Agree but my case is different.

my line from outside is not that old and have new connections inside and outside.

since my issue is some days only and i’m On gigabit, must be something on ROGERS end at the office and ignite server.

 

 


Not necessarily.  As it would be more GLOBALLY effecting more people then.

It may be beyond the house/from the street.

We had like like 4-5 years ago (on regular cable/tv, etc)  Everything was fine all day, full speed, etc.  Until around 7-10ish PM.. in probably the PEAK times when there was the most load in the neighborhood, the most people on.
Ended up having a bunch of people on the street with the same issue, same times.
Now, it took like 3 months of having people out repeatedly.. to finally get them to escalate it to maintenance.. ended up being an issue at the local node.



Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Posts: 13,678

Re: Ignite TV Micro Disconnects


@Lurker wrote:

So why are people still being charged the $150? I can get a random tech visit for free on traditional cable.


Random tech visits AFTER the fact are free on this as well.

Generally in most cases though.. tech visits are SHORT, quick replace of something, etc.
(Can be longer, etc.. but generally are not).

This visit IS longer.  2+ hours can be normal.  With not needing 3+ connections, there is often some removal of un-needed stuff.
There can be extra time needed to set up the extended wifi if using that.
Setting up of the boxes.. training, etc.


Dont get me wrong, I think the setup should have been FREE as well for this.
It is a little more than just a basic tech visit though.



Topic Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 688 views
  • 9 Likes
  • 7 in conversation