Ignite TV Micro Disconnects

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Ignite TV Micro Disconnects

I have been getting micro disconnects many times a day (3 to 10). This cuts everything for about 30~60 seconds and then reconnects automatically. Very annoying especially if we are on the phone. Ignite TV was installed 2 weeks 2 days ago. We already have had 2 tech visits, a replaced modem/router, numerous calls to help desk and another "senior" tech scheduled for the 24th of Oct (I think the support people meant to make it for the 17th). 

Lucky I was working from home and had my phones browser open so that I can take screenshots of the events. The first is a before …. a couple of days before.

BeforeDisconnect.png

During the disconnect, a lot of the IP addresses are missing. The WAN IP address is still there but disappears just before it reconnects to the network

DuringDisconnect.png

After it reconnects everything looks good again.

AfterDisconnect.png

After every events, the firewall log has one entry as follows and it is removed during the next disconnect

EventLogAfterConnect.png

This seems to be a IPv6 problem??? Here or at Rogers??? Any help would be appreciated!

*** Edited Labels ***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: Ignite TV Micro Disconnects

Hello @bhoward57,

Thank you for bringing this matter to the attention of the Community!

I can imagine how disruptive it must be to experience these intermittent drops in connection as everything with IgniteTV is now reliant on the Internet connection.

We'd like to run some tests on your equipment and review the notes on your file to see what steps have been taken thus far. We will be contacting you via Private Message shortly. I'd also like to tag in some of our Resident Experts who may be able to review the screenshots you provided, @Gdkitty, @Datalink. We have also had some great insight from @Nick_W & @Biollw on IgniteTV.

RogersTony

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have had a few random internet drops.. but they are pretty much that.. random.

Had 1 a day.. like 3 nights in a row.. one or two before that.. but thats about it.
And I have had it since the first day available pretty much.

So dont think its a 'normal' thing at all.. must be something triggering it there.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

A senior tech stopped by on Tuesday since he was in the area and had a few minutes. He ran tests and could see our disconnects. Ran a test on other modems on our street and they all were great. That means the problem is in our house .... Somewhere.

He replaced a connection between the new inlet wire and new internal wire. Apparently, it was original like 30 years old. The ground wire was also original so he moved it to our water inlet pipe. Also changed our connection in the box outside.

Have not had a disconnect since! He was suppose to come back today but the problem seems to be solved.

The tech was great ... Stopped by early because he had some extra time, called on Wednesday to check and going to call again today. He was extremely knowledgeable!
I've Been Around

Having same kind of problems. TVs disconnect (same problem 3 TVs) and then replays previous 3 or 4 seconds after re-connecting. Phone line drops occasionally. Will have tech scheduled for Monday check my outside wires and let you know what happens.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes I have random TV blackouts as well. Blacks out for 2 to 10 seconds while watching recorded or live TV.

I Plan to Stick Around

Been almost 3 days since the senior tech was over .... not one drop since ... Yay!!!! Appears to be solved.

Thanks for the help and suggestions to getting this solved.

I Plan to Stick Around

Ok here we go again. Not sure if I made a mistake by going to Ignite TV!!

for past two days on all my 3STB's that are wired to Rogers modem I get micro freeze for 2 second every 5 to 7 min.

I also noticed most recorded shoes also have this issue.

Anyone else see this issue?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

generally would be an internet issue i would think?

When you are having the issue, are you able to log into the modem and then post the signal levels? Might indicate something.

I Plan to Stick Around

Will log in tonight and check the signal
Didn’t see any issue at the time with internet ...
Topic Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 9 Likes
  • 7 in conversation