cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite Modem Logs

Testing12341234
I've been here awhile

Anyone understand why I don't see any logs on the browser interface?

Troubleshooting->Logs

When I go and try to look at the System Logs for the last 90 days, I get one entry:

GUI: User: xxx login 2021/8/13 13:06:57 Notice

And that's after multiple connection drops and resets, including a pull the plug reboot.

***Added Labels***

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Ignite Modem Logs

RogersCorey

Is there anyone in the Community that is experiencing a similar issue with their modem logs?

Regards,

RogersCorey

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Testing12341234  That does seem unusual to me.  Keep in mind as well that in addition to the System log, you also have Event and Firewall logs, and the amount of logging will also depend on whether you have Bridge Mode enabled.

On my Technicolor XB6, I have MANY entries in my System log.  e.g. for logins and logouts, password changes and many configuration changes.

In Bridge Mode, my Event log was empty because (presumably) I had no DOCSIS errors to report.  In "gateway" mode, you should at the very least see Notice messages when the Harvester service starts.

The Firewall log should show daily summary stats of what the Firewall blocked.  In Bridge Mode, you will not see anything logged because the Firewall is not processing any traffic.

@RogersCorey wrote:

Is there anyone in the Community that is experiencing a similar issue with their modem logs?

I once had a defective gateway where the stats in "Gateway > Connection > Rogers Network" were either not updating, displayed zero, or were totally wrong.  Not sure about the log.

Sometimes power-cycling the gateway will reset it back into a working state.  Next, I would try a factory reset.  If that does not fix the problem, then I would say that the gateway is defective and needs to be replaced.

toolcubed
I'm a senior contributor
Hi everyone. I experience exactly the same thing as the OP. On my XB6, I only have one GUI login event recorded in the logs. No other entries or logs whatsoever.

The only issue I’m experiencing is monthly disconnects (only once per month for 10 mins each time) where my gateway loses the network completely and flashes orange for 10 mins before reconnecting to the network. All homes on my street experience the same monthly disruption and this is not an Ignite problem since it was also happening when I had a CODA modem. I’m not sure if such an event should be in the Ignite gateway logs but it’s not.

Also, I’m running my gateway in bridge mode so I wouldn’t have any firewall logs (since the firewall on the XB6 is disabled).

I’m not sure why I don’t see any event or system logs other than that one GUI login entry. Could I also have a defective XB6? Everything works well so I doubt it’s defective…

Testing12341234
I've been here awhile

Thanks, sorry I thought I already responded but checked back today and I don't see the post....

At any rate, no, there were only a couple firewall logs that's it.  Given that I had just performed a power plug pull reset, I would have expected to see at least that in the logs, but nothing....

I may give it a factory reset but I'm not a fan of those types of 'solutions'.  The problem is that Rogers don't seem to officially support the web interface, so they won't bother to look into the issue.  They say to use the mobile app, which they conveniently don't provide any access to the logs on so you can't see what issues your router is having.

@Testing12341234  Just so you know, such a restart is not logged by the Ignite gateway, nor are any details of the modem connecting to the Rogers network logged in the Events log.  However, if you access your modem and log in as "admin" using its web interface, and then view the System log for the Last 90 days, you should see that at least some events are getting logged, including your current login session.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation