Ignite Internet Gigabit - Slow Speeds

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Ignite Internet Gigabit - Slow Speeds

I have Rogers ignite and I should have upgraded download speed but I'm still averaging 40-70 mbps

Highlighted

Hello @os3rules,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Sorry to hear it's been overall disappointing. Don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything else you'd like us to do to help!

Welcome to the Community @JosephCoelho!

Could you please elaborate on the nature of the problem you're experiencing?

If you could tell us more on how long it's been since you've noticed the issues or if it happens at speific times, as well as troubleshooting steps you've perforned so far, it'll be very useful.

Don't forget to run your speed test while connected via ethernet!

RogersMaude

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @RogersMaude

Well, since you asked, how about you fix the problems that i have been describing for the past 2 years?  That would help a lot. 

Also - I wonder if anyone else has noticed, but the upload speed seems to have tanked for the Rogers Toronto server.  I have been running speed tests (speedtest.net) for ages and have always gotten really good upload speeds (notwithstanding my . download speeds).  Since 29 Sep 2020 the upload speed has been significantly slower, as low as 8 or 9 meg - averaging about 22 meg.  - I usually get over 30 meg. Note that this is ONLY on the Rogers Toronto server - all the others I have used report the usual speeds.  Wonder what is up?

Highlighted

Hey @os3rules

Feel free to reach out to us @CommunityHelps at your convenience, we'd be happy to assist with any service issues you may have.

Regarding the speed test server, are you referring to the Rogers Toronto server via Ookla's speedtest.net? 

@RogersAndy

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have noticed the exact same thing with the Rogers server when I do a speed test. I figured it was just mine.

Highlighted

Hi @Rising

Thank you for your post. 

Can you confirm that you are referring to the Toronto server? 

It would also be helpful if you could run a speed test using using this tool and share the results with us. 

Awaiting your reply. 

RogersRob

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes I was talking about the Rogers Toronto server. 

When I try to click on your tool link it says" This site can not be reached".

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The problem with the upload speeds seem to have corrected itself.  I have been getting my usual upload speed for the past 3 days now.

Download speed is still a problem.  Today's average was 356.05 which is actually a little better than usual. (This is on a GigaByte  plan BTW).