Ignite 250u upload speed peaks at ~11 Mbps

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite 250u upload speed peaks at ~11 Mbps

Ok, you were seeing higher speeds before.  In that case definitely call tech support to determine if there is a provisioning issue with the modem as its currently set or with the node.  And if that doesn't solve the issue, its time for a tech visit.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

I got the Hybrid 150/15 package last November and have never seen upload speeds any faster than 11mbps. Sometimes it has been as low as 9.5mbps. There's definitely a pattern here. My upstream level is just slightly higher than 40dbmv.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Same here in Ottawa.

Max 11 Mbs on the upload.

the download is great we'll over 300 Mb.

Will call rogers when I have a chance

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I just got off the phone with Rogers customer care rep and she confirmed that 10 Mbps was the maximum upload speed available in my area at this time. According to her, Rogers provisions 10 or 20 Mbps upload speeds based on capability of the node.

Cheers!

TheDogFather

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Did the CSR give an estimated date when 20 Mb/s would be available?  And.....sounds like its negotiation time for a reduced rate until it becomes available.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

TheDogFather:

That's interesting. What area do you live in? I'm in Toronto East York and can't imagine that Rogers doesn't provide 15mbps uploads here. Guess I should call them and find out.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hi All,

I can attest that there are two 250u ignite profiles within Rogers. There is a 250/10mbps profile and a 250/20mbps. When I changed my profile from Ultimate 1TB to 250u Ignite, my speed also dropped to 250/10.

It took me a few days to notice. It wasn't until I looked at my SamKnows report that I saw something was up. So I called in Rogers to see what was going on. They confirmed that there are these two profiles. Apparently some areas are not upgraded/have capacity for 20mbps uploads. The agent did a quick check to see if my area was upgraded (which I knew it was) and quickly reprovisioned the service. The process from the whole phone call took about 5 minutes when I explained what was happening.

Just call into support, let them know that you changed your services from whatever to 250u (to save money for example) but you also noticed that your upload speeds have dropped. Ask them to see what profile was provisioned to you, and if you qualify for an upgrade to 250/20 profile. It shouldn't take long. You'll get a change notification email that the service has changed. If your modem doesn't reboot on it's own after the reprovision by the Rogers agent, reboot it yourself and see what happens.

Hope this helps!

I haven't been lurking much because I've been busy with work and gaming. I'll see if I can participate a little more with these type of questions. 🙂
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am only getting 11Mbps on the 250/20 package as well.

I have been getting 40Mbps from TPIA so I know my area supports it. So why in the heck is Rogers provisioning these account wrong?

Seem like a Bait and Switch to me. Very shady behaviour.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You had 40 Mb/s for an upload rate?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes I did right before switching back to rogers, but that's not the point. The point is even before switching to the ignite package I was getting faster upload speed with even rogers. The fact is they are provisioning wrong.