cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite 150 Internet Hard Limit on Wireless devices

expat1010
I'm here a lot

Is there a hard limit on the number of wireless devices I can connect to the wifi network?

***Added Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Ignite 150 Internet Hard Limit on Wireless devices

RogersCorey

Hello @expat1010!

I can answer that for you. 🙂

The router could theoretically support up to 250 devices connected at once but you'll hit the limits of your 150mbps of bandwidth long before you get that many devices connected simultaneously. 

Hope that helps!

Regards,

RogersCorey

MrJames
I plan to stick around

Can you answer the question though?

Is there a hard limit on devices or is it driven by bandwidth?

I read the rogers sales material as "guidance" X service would work well for roughly X devices.

Called for support and he seemed to indicate that the modem stops the service/causes disconnects if more than the limit on the service connect, even if bandwidth draw is low.

So of course the upsell to a service that would support my 20 devices (most are low bandwidth like thermostat, doorbell, or not used at same time)

Good morning @MrJames,

I've already answered your question to the best of my ability. Your modem can definitely support 20 devices at once, but with a 150mbps connection, you may find that the bandwidth of your connection is not sufficient for all 20 devices simultaneously. 

Regards,

RogersCorey

MrJames
I plan to stick around

Hi @RogersCorey, thanks for the response. I guess I was expecting you to saying something clearer like: there is no hard limit on the number of devices.

I'm not the original poster, I have a 500MB service and can't imagine that my devices, many of which are very low bandwidth and infrequently connected, would hit the 500MB bandwidth limit.

Having been told yesterday by a Rogers support technician that if I want to support more than 16 devices I need to pay more, I think I can now see that it was simply a upsell attempt.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation